Craft-Lite Cutter  » Other  »
  • I love doing all kinds of crafts and have found this cutter a great tool
  • To get the blades to cut well I recommend pressing down a little harder than you normally would

• by stuckinarut

I got my Craft-Lite Cutter as a Christmas gift and love it. I love doing all kinds of crafts and have found this cutter a great tool. They use to just be available through TV but they are now available through normal stores. I think mine was purchased at Big Lot.

The Craft-Lite Cutter has 6 different blades that are interchangeable. They include a straight one, a wavy one, a zig-zag, a fold, a perforated and a stamp. The blades very easy to change and safe because the blades don’t stick out.

To get the blades to

cut well I recommend pressing down a little harder than you normally would. The shaped cutters like wavy, etc. need more pressure than the straight one. I try to go over it twice to make sure I get a clean cut. It is better to be safe than sorry. If you don’t add a little extra pressure you might get some spots that don’t cut as cleanly, especially with heavier paper more than anything. It isn’t much of a big deal to do to ensure a nice clean cut.

The Craft-Lite Cutter has a ruler, going ...

• both ways. One printed is physically printed on the cutter and the other one folds out, the opposite way. I don’t use the rulers that often but they are very handy when you do need them.

The Craft-Lite Cutter has an under light that is directly below the cutter line. I find this light is especially great when cutting pictures straight or really anything with a line. To run the light you need batteries but it does take a, not included, AC adapter.

I love the shape cutters, wavy is my favorite. It adds a

fun look to anything I make. Sometimes I find myself cutting things way for no reason.

You have to be careful because there are 2 different lines for a straight cut and a non-straight cut. Make sure you have what you want to cut on the right line for the way you want to cut or else your cut will be off.

If you are a craft person you will probably enjoy having the Craft-Lite Cutter. Even if you just cut school photos and want more accuracy it is an inexpensive option to have in your home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1219051098490531/k2311a0519/5.19.10