Cowboy Billy’s Homestyle Baked Beans  » Food  »
  • It was OK, but it wasn’t the best beans I have ever had
  • This particular variety had a red sauce that was a bit more tangy than I prefer my beans
  • So, if you’re looking to save money, I would recommend them

• by Review Vigilante

We ended up making hotdogs for dinner last night and, to go with them, we made a can of Cowboy Billy’s Homestyle Baked Beans. I have had this brand in the past but this is the first time I have tried this particular variety.

It was OK, but it wasn’t the best beans

I have ever had.

This particular variety had a red sauce that was a bit more tangy than I prefer my beans.

They weren’t terrible, but they weren’t something that made me want to go back for seconds for either.

I also wasn’t thrilled that there weren’t that many beans in the can.

...

• It was almost soupy because it was more sauce than actual baked bean.

I couldn’t help but notice there wasn’t any bacon in these beans either; something I always look forward to when I have baked beans.

The only thing I can say about them is I at least got my money’s worth.

After all, I did only spend 50 cents on the can, so I naturally can’t expect them to be as good as some of the more expensive brands out there.

For a cheap substitute to Bushes beans or some other brand, I guess they weren’t too bad.

So, if you’re looking to save money, I would recommend them.

Chad says :

I just ate some and I like them a lot. Mine had bacon in them and I like them better than Bush’s.

Sophie S says :

This brand is definitely meatier than Bush’s and has its own distinct flavor. I think the name makes some people think twice and has others grabbing it to try. If you love bacon though, this is definitely a brand you should buy

Ron says :

re : So, if you’re looking to save money, I would recommend them
    Undercooked and clumpy. Will not purchase again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719051098450531/k2311a0519/5.19.10