IKEA Lampan Table Lamp
  • These are definitely small enough to do that
  • This lamp can only take a 40 watt bulb, which I think makes it not so great for reading
  • It’s very unusual looking which I like, but does not have the kind of functionality that I associate with table lamps
  • I love hanging lamps that are lightweight, but I think I always prefer a table lamp with a nice heavy base
  • In my opinion, these little lamps are worth considering for anyone who is looking to stretch their decorating budget

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

This is probably the simplest take on a table lamp I have ever seen. At under 5 dollars, it just seemed too good to pass up. It comes in red, white or black. I got the red, because I seem to be a sucker for anything red and plastic. To me there’s something sort of retro seventies about these lamps. but I actually think they’re cuter, probably the small size is what grabs me about them. They’re just cute as a button and they look like

you could use them anywhere. One of my favorite things to do when decorating is nestle a lamp or two on the shelves of a bookcase. These are definitely small enough to do that.

This lamp can only take a 40 watt bulb, which I think makes it not so great for reading. I think I read somewhere you need at least 60 watts for that. Also, the color choices are not real practical, aside from the white. I wish now, that I had gotten the white. The red is actually kind of scary looking when lit and it doesn’t help me to see anything. I actually had to stop using it because the red light it gave off was distorting the colors of everything in my bedroom. I have also seen the black lit up. It is actually sort of a dark grey when lit up. It’s very unusual looking which I like, but does not have the kind of functionality that I associate with table lamps. It’s more mood lighting than ...

• IKEA Lampan Table Lamp
      reading lighting. It has sort of a cool smoky masculine vibe about it, though. It would look great in a teenage boys room, I think.

I think it might be better if these lamps weren’t so light weight. It can easily be knocked off tables if someone is careless when they walk by. I love hanging lamps that are lightweight, but I think I always prefer a table lamp with a nice heavy base. One detail that I really like is that there is a little notch

in the base for the cord to go through. That helps keep it a bit more stable than it would otherwise be. And, overall I have to admire it for its clever design.

I actually recommend these as ambient lighting and perhaps bedside lamps, especially the white. Unbelievable price and a very cute design. In my opinion, these little lamps are worth considering for anyone who is looking to stretch their decorating budget.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5719051098440531/k2311a0519/5.19.10