Jane Iredale Starter Kit  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • The 2 pressed powders in the kit in the next shade over was too dark for me, so it was either get this one or that one and I thought the darker ones would look worse on me but the lighter ones also look bad
  • All the tinted moisturizers that I've used in the past haven't really gave me the coverage I needed and didn't blend in that well on my skin, and looked pasty so I gave up on trying them and this kit just happened to come with one so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised with it, it actually gave me good coverage and looked natural and unlike the pressed powders this better matched my skin but it did get oily and started feeling greasy on my skin after a few hours, that's also the reason I don't like liquid foundation
  • The bristles aren't as soft as I would like but they're not that hard, I'm especially impressed with the concealer brush, I normally apply my concealer, if I'm wearing any, with my finger, this brush helps me blend it in easier in wider areas however I still have to use my finger around the edges to further blend the concealer out, the brush isn't that great at blending the edges and it leaves it cakey and leaves a visible line
  • Overall this makeup kit by Jane Iredale isn't the best that I've tried by far but it also isn't the worse that I've tried by far
  • I definitely wont be buying this makeup kit again

• by JCandyce

Everything in this kit is very simple and natural looking, the kit itself is kind of plain but the products inside are actually good quality. The 2 pressed powders that come in this kit are too light for my skin and make look very pale. Because the color is so light it doesn’t do anything for coverage because every pimple and acne scar show through so because of that I can’t use the powders.

The 2 pressed powders in the kit in the next shade over was too dark for me, so it was either get this one or that one and I thought the darker ones would look worse on me but the lighter ones also look bad. The kit has on drawer that holds a tinted moisturizer, I don’t really wear tinted moisturizers since I do need

quite a bit of coverage especially when I have pimples.

All the tinted moisturizers that I’ve used in the past haven’t really gave me the coverage I needed and didn’t blend in that well on my skin, and looked pasty so I gave up on trying them and this kit just happened to come with one so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised with it, it actually gave me good coverage and looked natural and unlike the pressed powders this better matched my skin but it did get oily and started feeling greasy on my skin after a few hours, that’s also the reason I don’t like liquid foundation. Mineral foundation is so much better.

I have sensitive skin and breakout easily sometimes, this tinted moisturizer however didn’t cause any irritation or any breakouts on my skin. I’ve ...

• only used the tinted moisturizer once but normally that’s all it takes to make me breakout since my skin is so sensitive.

The blush that comes in this case is too bright for my skin, it’s a very bright pink and makes me look like a clown. It goes on kind of rough and doesn’t last that long.

This kit comes with 3 brushes, a foundation/powder brush, a blush brush and a concealer brush, which are very good quality. I’ve tried quite a few makeup kits and most of them come with sucky quality brushes but these are actually kind of nice.

The bristles aren’t as soft as I would like but they’re not that hard, I’m especially impressed with the concealer brush, I normally apply my concealer, if I’m wearing any, with my finger, this brush helps me

blend it in easier in wider areas however I still have to use my finger around the edges to further blend the concealer out, the brush isn’t that great at blending the edges and it leaves it cakey and leaves a visible line. The brushes have their own compartment in the drawer right under the tinted moisturizer.

The mirror on this case is a decent size and I can see my whole face while applying makeup. Overall this makeup kit by Jane Iredale isn’t the best that I’ve tried by far but it also isn’t the worse that I’ve tried by far.

Is it worth the steep price tag? Definitely not. You can definitely get something else that has more better quality products and one that even costs less than this does.

I definitely wont be buying this makeup kit again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119051098100431/k2311a0519/5.19.10