Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City,. Ut  » Entertainment  »
2600 Sunnyside Ave. Salt Lake City, UT
  • Yesterday was a sunny day finally so I decided to visit our city's Hogle Zoo
  • Their concession stands and bathrooms are never very far away which I found quite convenient

• by Ktbug

Yesterday was a sunny day finally so I decided to visit our city’s Hogle Zoo. It was small but modern. It sits on 42 acres so it only took a few hours of walking.

It started out slow because some of the exhibits were closed to cleaning or maintenance. As I walked along it got much better though.

You are not surrounded by glass to see the animals like alot of zoos do.

You are only within 5 feet of the fences surrounding them so you get to see them up close.

The big cat exhibit was amazing. They had everything there but a lion.

The Giraffe building was also a favorite because you can walk up one flight of stairs and be head to head with them. They are just out of reach so you can get an up close and personal adventure with ...

• them.

I also had a blast with the prairie dogs. You can go into a building underneath them and stand up in a protective bubble to see them eye to eye.

There was a train ride for you and the children to take around the park which seemed like alot of fun. I heard alot of kids laughing and having fun.

Their concession stands and bathrooms are never very far away which I

found quite convenient. There were several small animals there I had never heard of before and they do have alot of animals that are nearly extinct.

Even a white rhino. All in all I had a great time and it was affordable at only $9 for an adult ticket.

The only thing I wish were different was the absence of the bears (which are coming soon) and a lion, but they did have an adorable baby elephant to make up for it though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5919051097760331/k2311a0519/5.19.10