GEO Contact Lenses in Angel Green  » Cosmetics  »
  • Putting on contacts for the first time is definitely not comfortable
  • And I have chinky eyes, which I think made it even harder
  • Although others have looked right into my eyes when I'm out in the mall and have not noticed any difference, there are others who notice them right away

• by Katherine Rose

I pre-ordered these contact lenses together with a dorm mate of mine. We were looking through the Facebook website and came upon the sellers by chance. My friend was the first one to say that we should order, and I agreed because they looked “natural” and not so much like someone scribbled some color in your irises.

I picked the Angel Green type because of the black ring around the outside perimeter. It makes my irises look way bigger, like an anime person in real life. From where I ordered, it took around 2 weeks for the lenses to arrive. When they did, I was so excited! The packaging was so-so. Two small sterilized bottles with

the metal seal and rubber cap.

Immediately, me and my friend wanted to try them on. We washed the lenses and she taught me how to properly put on contacts. The first time I got a contact in, it hurt a lot! My other eye fared better, not much pain. Putting on contacts for the first time is definitely not comfortable. The GEO lenses are soft and not totally tinted, so the pupils can see right through. But the diameter is quite larger (14mm) and so more of the eye was covered. And I have chinky eyes, which I think made it even harder.

When I have one contact in only one eye, the ...

• color difference is very evident. It also makes my eyes look funny because the eye with the contact has a bigger iris. When I put both in, my eyes look like a child’s eyes. Giant irises, big pupils. If I make a sad face, it’s like I’m an anime girl. It’s difficult not to look like you’re always a little sad or curious because the size difference of the iris really changes your look.

Although others have looked right into my eyes when I’m out in the mall and have not noticed any difference, there are others who notice them right away. This is also something I really like about the GEO contact

lenses. The color is quite transparent, that’s why the change is not so shocking. Your natural eye color is only slightly lightened, the shade is different a bit. My eyes are a very dark brown, and so the green is not very bright. They’re like emerald, but a few shades darker. Very natural looking, nothing so unnatural that from a mile away people will notice the dayglo green of your eyes. One thing though about these lenses is that you must take some eyedrops with you because they can dry out and leave your eyes red. I take a small bottle of contact lens wash to wash away dust and to keep the lenses moist.

GEO Contact Lenses in Angel Green

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119051097470331/k2311a0519/5.19.10