Marc by Marc Jacobs Miss Marci Watch  » Watches  »
  • I thought the same thing after getting a Miss Marci Watch from the designer label Marc by Marc Jacobs
  • What I love about this clock design-wise is its clean minimal aesthetic with just the right tinge of luxury
  • Hence, I recommend this austere timepiece for the fashion-conscious who practically doesn’t want to lose his sense of time

• by jhunie

This is my most recent splurge in the watch department, this time going for an affordable designer watch. I remember in my childhood days the popularity of swatch clocks, it was like brand status for watches in my time. The colorful print designs of every limited edition Swatch were quite trendy back then. I guess it was all about expressing individuality with teenage hip watches. I thought the same thing after getting a Miss Marci Watch from the designer label Marc by Marc Jacobs. The fashionable timepiece is ubiquitous as I’ve seen quite a number of folks wearing this particular monogrammed strap though I admit it wasn’t the reason for my purchase. I simply loved the classy semi-trendy appeal of this watch at first sight.

I spotted the watch amid an

array of displays from the same Marci collection. My attention was first drawn to the graphic animated designs, some bore the Miss Marci print which were believed to be a female alter-ego of the designer Marc Jacobs. I liked the animated prints because they evoked a younger sensibility, a spot-on trendy counterpart to swatch only much better fashion-wise plus the designer tag seems flattering to sport around. But I forgot about them once I laid eyes on this white-strapped Marc watch. In fact, the watch looked so pristine in a white leather strap, as if it was never a part of the collection.

This timepiece has a classic appeal to its white and gold combo. It doubles as a trendy designer watch and a work-appropriate clock at the same time. I’ve ...

• been getting a fair amount of compliments in the office probably due to frequent use. I can’t say it’s utterly luxurious at face value but mature enough for my age. I take it to simple dinners and often when I travel or anything outside the usual sphere of things where I’m likely to lug around my technomarine cruise watch. Well it’s not at all a traveling watch that helps to track transcontinental time zones, but I just like the easy set up it requires with a slight click of its crown.

What I love about this clock design-wise is its clean minimal aesthetic with just the right tinge of luxury. I truly like the bezel which is a rounded groove, somewhat a lip projection that’s so common of vintage watches. The luxury

element lies on the bezel itself. Despite it being only a goldtone stainless steel instead of a real shiny gold, the gilded bezel looks so identical of Boy London watches I once had back in the 90’s. The gold tone complements the white leather strap, at a distance you might fake it for a cartier watch because of its silent superclass appeal. The label – by Marc Jacobs is embossed on the white dial also in goldtone.

I’m glad I followed my instincts upon buying yet another designer watch, but I thought with its price at 150 dollars it’s quite reasonable. Hence, I recommend this austere timepiece for the fashion-conscious who practically doesn’t want to lose his sense of time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6418051097440931/k2311a0518/5.18.10