Eco Tools Mineral Brush Set
  • I found these at target for less than $10

• by JCandyce

I found these at target for less than $10. I needed some new brushes, especially to apply my mineral foundation and this set comes with 4 brushes, a Kabuki brush, a concealer brush, eye shadow brush and powder brush.

I especially liked this set because it had a very nice looking Kabuki brush, which what I basically really needed.

I liked that these brushes are eco-friendly and are made out of recycled products.

Even though their made out of recycled products, the quality of the brushes is still great and I’ve had these brushes a few months now and their easy to clean, the brushes themselves are very soft and apply products evenly to my skin.

After a few washes these brushes haven’t lost

bristles and their still holding strong, they still go back to being as soft as before I used them.

The eye shadow brush and the concealer brush is almost the same except the concealer brush is a little bit more longer, so it allows you to have more product and the softness of the brush helps me apply concealer better and blends easier, as with the eye shadow brush it’s mainly for if you’re applying eye shadow or using it to smudge your eyeliner.

The size is great at getting in the crease of your eye lid and easily applying eye shadow.

The only thing with that brush is if you put too much eye shadow and you apply it to you eye, you will ...

• have a lot of fall out even if you don’t have that much on the brush but that’s normally what’s to be expected with eye shadow brushes, there’s always a least a little bit of fall out.

The Kabuki brush is a little smaller than I would have liked but works great and applies my mineral foundation evenly and it’s easy to build up more extra coverage if you need too, like if you have a pimple or acne scars, the brush covers evenly so it doesn’t come out looking blotchy or darker in some areas.

In the middle the bristles are more tighter, which is perfect for heavier coverage.

I don’t really wear blush or powder but I do wear bronzer sometimes and I

apply that with the powder brush.

The powder is a little bit softer and wider then the Kabuki brush, to apply my bronzer I have to hold the bottom of the bristles together with my fingers or it would apply bronzer to more area then I would like.

It doesn’t have that tighter area of bristles in the middle like the kabuki does, which makes it want to apply to a wider space with with each sweep, but other than that it’s okay.

On all the brushes after I use them for application I run them across a sheet of toilet paper to get off excess makeup and about one a month I gently wash them with a little shampoo and they come out clean and soft.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118051096810831/k2311a0518/5.18.10