Blistex Medicated Lip Balm with SPF15  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this lip balm when I found I was suffering from really dry lips
  • It just so happened that this Blistex lip balm was on special offer, so I decided to give it a go
  • First off, I like the design of this balm
  • The best part, however, is the instant relief it provides
  • This lip balm is so cheap as well, and it works, so I recommend it to anyone

• by npz

Blistex Medicated Lip Balm with SPF15 is simple, inexpensive, but does everything it promises. I bought this lip balm when I found I was suffering from really dry lips. I was looking for something that would both moisturize, but also heal any cuts or cracks in my lips at the same time. It just so happened that this Blistex lip balm was on special offer, so I decided to give it a go. As an added bonus, it came with a free medicated ointment as well.

First off, I like the design of this balm. It comes in a small tube with a wind up mechanism, which means I don’t have to get my fingers mucky from manually applying it to me lips. I

can simply wind up the balm, apply it much like lipstick, and I can control how much I put on my lips. This has an added benefit in that the lip balm actually lasts much longer as a result, because I am wasting less of the product each time I use it.

The texture is almost creamy, I think. It goes on really easily, but doesn’t feel overly greasy or heavy on my lips. It also adds a very delicate sheen to my lips, so actually ends up looking a little like lip gloss. To me, it certainly doe not look like I am wearing a medicated balm.

The best part, however, is the instant relief it provides. As soon as I put this on, I ...

• can immediately feel the good it is doing. Within a few seconds, my lips are less sore, and dryness just disappears. Thre is not stinging or burning that some ointments or medicines inflict when you apply them to sore or cracked lips, instead, there is just a cooling relief which soothes my lips. Normally, my lips are almost completely healed within just a few hours of using the medicated lip balm.

The other thing I like is that Blistex have made this lip balm with a pleasant smell and taste. It does not come across as overly medicated and yet you can tell it is working. The taste is not overpowering, and doesn’t interfere with anything else. That being said, it doesn’t have a

fruity kind of taste which makes you lick your lips more often, and for this reason I think it stays on longer and works longer. The other thing is the smell is not overpowering so that means other people can’t smell it when they come close to you. If I had to describe it, I would say it was a mildly minty taste and smell.

I am hooked on this lip balm, and now use it all the time, not just when I have dry chapped lips. I love the fact it has SPF15 as well, as I now know I am protecting my lips when I go out as well. This lip balm is so cheap as well, and it works, so I recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117051096681131/k2311a0517/5.17.10