Technomarine Cruise Original Watch in Medium
  • I guess I think of timekeeping more practically than hanker after executive-class watches
  • It’s something I bought for myself some two years ago as a present, rather a splurge for my birthday
  • I like sporting around with this watch especially during tennis matches and doing exercise routines but sparingly because I’m not so diligent when it comes to fitness
  • More than the regular nike watches, this costs 445 dollars I believe
  • This is my favorite home watch and I recommend it for the reasons given above

• by jhunie

I admit I’m not really a watch-person. I don’t dream about owning a Patek Phillip timepiece or Piaget. I guess I think of timekeeping more practically than hanker after executive-class watches. At this age, time has become almost dispensable, especially for me who simply reaches the phone for a quick time-check. I do own a couple of special watches that I rarely wear as I often forget. But the one exception is my Technomarine cruise watch which is a slightly better chronograph than Nike’s array of sporty digitized counterparts. It’s something I bought for myself some two years ago as a present, rather a splurge for my birthday. I’d like to

think of it as a sporty timepiece because of its exterior, it’s also pretty handy for outdoor activities.

I like sporting around with this watch especially during tennis matches and doing exercise routines but sparingly because I’m not so diligent when it comes to fitness. Frequently, I wear it casually at home when catching up with chores or idling in the kitchen while cooking precisely timed up-to-the-second recipes. I can’t say the build of this watch can beat an ultra-lightweight digital chronograph Nike as its aluminum case is a tad weighty. But it’s certainly practicable enough to be lugged around the arm with ease and comfort due to its soft rubber band.

This watch can handle all ...

• basic time utilities, from the hour to minute ratio as well as other time elements like date, the day and seconds. The chronograph’s interface is a little hard to get used to because it’s a lot of devices packed into a single display. But that doesn’t take a beating on the watch’s aesthetic value, aside from the 12 hour rotation on the watch’s bezel, the other devices are elegantly placed on one side instead of a complicated all-round display. The bezel looks neat and though I feel it’s not looking grown-up enough for me, I feel I can benefit from its sport chic appearance.

Design-wise, the bezel is a sturdy aluminum which looks the same as

your father’s wristwatch. The case is a stark contrast to its gel strap in a cool marine blue color. My technomarine timepiece comes from the original cruise line, though the cruise mini looked chicer with its size, I went after this watch in medium that’s slightly bigger than mini. The watch has been around for a long time. More than the regular nike watches, this costs 445 dollars I believe. The price is edging towards the designer watches but not luxury brands, expensive yet still attainable. This is my favorite home watch and I recommend it for the reasons given above.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6417051096581031/k2311a0517/5.17.10