YAZ Birth Control  » Medicine  »
  • I think that YAZ is yet another option that is available for women so if women are currently using a method of birth control which is not pleasing them, they may want to give YAZ a try and see if that works better for them

• by cjaneb877
      YAZ is one of the more recent kinds of birth control to be produced. It comes in pill form, which contains both estrogen and progesterone.

So how is YAZ different from other forms of birth control? First of all, rather than taking the pill on a 21 day cycle, YAZ

allows the user to maintain a 24-active cycle.

Supposedly, this slight variation is supposed to help minimize unpleasant side effects that are often associated with the regular pill like headaches, insomnia, nausea, or weigh gain.

It also, to put it quite simply, provides women with the option to remain on the same daily cycle throughout the marjority of the month because she would have less off days to remeber! I think that YAZ is yet another option that is available for women so if women are currently using a method of birth control which is not pleasing them, they may want to give ...

• YAZ Birth Control
      YAZ a try and see if that works better for them.

I think that any medication that is designed to produce less uncomfortable or annoying side effects is probably slightly better than a medication which may obtain a higher statistical chance of producing more outstanding side effects in women.

I’m glad

that a new method of birth control is now on the market.

I think that women should all play an active role in knowing what is available to prevent unwanted pregnancy, and it never hurts to have a wide variety of medications being designed so that women obtain alternatives and an assortment of products to try.

YAZ Birth Control
quick note by anonymous :

The Yaz made me feel extremely depressed, it was a releif when I stopped taking it.

me.glenrose says :

it’s a good decision to stop taking the pills if it’s giving you issues. I suggest you switch to a different contraceptive pill but before you do that, you may want to consult a doctor first. I’ve read that there was a lawsuit file against YAZ, because this drug can raise the risk of perilous blood clot disorders, thousands of women who suffered from the birth control side effects have filed injury claims.

Galega says :

Some users do face neurological issues after starting any contraceptive pill. It doesn’t happen only with YAZ, it can happen with any other contraceptive pills.

You may need different brand of pill, which may contain different level of estrogen and progestorone, or may be you need progesterone only pill.

As you might know, YAZ contains 24 hormonal pills and there is only 4 pill free days (inactive pills). Majority of contraceptive pills provide 21 7 cycles. This extra intake of synthetic estrogen and progesterone may also be responsible for this issue.

You should consult a doctor and go for thorough check ups. Your doctor will prescribe you the most suitable and convenient way of contraception.

Jamie says :

I have been on Yaz for about 4 months. I have been having bad side effects. Every since I have been on Yaz I have been passing out or feeling like I am going to pass out. I get hot and cold flashes, nausea and headaches. I am really concerned because i have heard good and bad things about this product. I have been checked for every possible thing, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, high blood pressure, diabetes, hypothyriodism, mitral valve prolapse. I am just really concerned about my health and I am running out of options. This is the only medication I am on and all this started when I started this medication.

me.glenrose says :

I suggest you stop using the product and just use a different contraceptive pills, ans please consult your doctor.

Katiei says :

If you dont take the white pill on the first day will it make your period start soooner?

me.glenrose says :

No, white pills are just placebo tablets, they are taken for you to be reminded when you are going to start your next pack after the last white tablet. So, you may or may not take it, and the bleeding will still come regardless, and normally it is on the 2nd or 3rd day after the last active pill.

Jenn D says :

I hope everyone who is on this pill stops. Apparently they didn’t do enough long term testing and it has now been linked to the deaths of some users. Please be careful and consult your doctor first.

stephanie says :

what pills makes me start bleeding on my 2nd white pill still nothin this is my first pack

me.glenrose says :

Depending on the body’s response, bleeding normally starts on the 2nd or 3rd day off from active pills. So, if you don’t bleed on th 2nd day then that’s normal.

Joanna says :

That’s true, however, I don’t even think YAZ is available anymore. I took it for several years and it worked pretty well. I liked it better than other types of pills, but I ended up having to come off of it because I was starting to experience side effects from use.

Women using YAZ should be careful and be sure to consult their doctor should they become worried about anything.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261012109610631/k2311a1210/12.10.06