A Greater Yes: The Story of Amy Newhouse  » Movies  »
1.5
  • When I read the cover, I was a bit disappointed to see that the girl the story is about, Amy Newhouse, gets cancer and dies
  • I love movies with happy endings and I didn't see how I could like a movie where the main character dies
  • Anyone who has had experience with cancer or knows someone who has gone through it will probably not be able to watch this movie, since it is so upsetting
  • Needless to say, I was pretty upset by this story, wouldn't recommend it, and will not watch it again

• by CoffeeBreak

I had seen A Greater Yes advertised and really wanted to see it. It was produced by Pure Flix, a production company I really like, and is Dove Family approved. So I was hopeful about this movie. When I read the cover, I was a bit disappointed to see that the girl the story is about, Amy Newhouse, gets cancer and dies. I love movies with happy endings and I didn’t see how I could like a movie where the main character dies. A Greater Yes is a true story, so I assued that it must have a happy ending since a movie was

made out of it! I was very disappointed with this movie. Amy Newhouse started as a bright, happy girl who stood up for what was right, had good friends, and a boyfriend who loved her. She has big dreams and stands up for what she believed in. But her health takes a turn for the worst. She gets cancer, prays for healing, and has the whole school praying for her. But since her battle for health goes on so long, she gradually loses her support system. She loses most of her friends and even ends up losing her boyfriend. That is ...

• a real sad note to the story. Since she is so consumed with what she thinks is God’s will for her life, she forgets about her boyfriend and ends up losing him. She eventually ends up dying from cancer, after everyone has forsaken her.

I disliked this story very much. It was one of the most upsetting stories I have watched in a long time. It is heart-wrenching to watch Amy’s battle with cancer. Anyone who has had experience with cancer or knows someone who has gone through it will probably not be able to watch this movie, since it is so upsetting. At

the end of the movie, there were a few tiny positive notes, but the bad in the story went on for so long, a little positive note at the end didn’t make it a happy ending.

The story is called “A Greater Yes”. The “greater yes” was supposed to be that God didn’t answer Amy’s prayers for healing with a yes, but instead Amy died and the school was turned around. But the ending to the story was so short, there was hardly enough good to outweigh her death. Needless to say, I was pretty upset by this story, wouldn’t recommend it, and will not watch it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117051096000931/k2311a0517/5.17.10