Netspend’s PrePaid Debit Card System  » Finance  »
  • I have had a debit card with NetSpend for a couple of years now, and I have to admit, I like it
  • The only problem is that it is not compatible with PayPal
  • The best bet is to have them send in a money order
  • I would recommend this kind of debit card to anyone, but especially to anyone who is planning on heading out of the country

• by AmericanWomanOnline

I have had a debit card with NetSpend for a couple of years now, and I have to admit, I like it. When we went down to Bolivia last year, this was the one card that always worked for us. The others all refused to pay out at the ATM’s and this was even with me having informed the banks that we were going to another country. The only other card

we had that also worked was PayPal’s debit card.

NetSpend has direct deposit, and also has an easy-to-manuever website. It doesn’t have half a dozen login screens you have to jump through, either. The only problem is that it is not compatible with PayPal. The direct deposits hit the account extremely fast, though, considering it is through a bank.

I love having an account with them. It has caused me no grief, and there are no hidden fees. The only time I have had a problem was when I forgot the monthly fees were coming due, and I was surprised they were already taken out. That wasn’t them being at fault, though, that was me.

It’s easy to deposit money onto your own card, but for someone else to do it, is a bit trickier. The best bet is to have them ...

• Netspend's PrePaid Debit Card System
      send in a money order. The addresses are available through the NetSpend website. Many are local, and you can use cash.

I would recommend this kind of debit card to anyone, but especially to anyone who is planning on heading out of the country. They are quite invaluable, just simply because they work. I do recommend that you always call beforehand, and make sure they make a note of how long

you will be gone, and which areas you might even visit, even if there is doubt in your mind. It’s better to say you will be visiting extra cities, andn ot go, than to not include them, and then end up there, with your card frozen for ’suspicious activity.’ It’s easy enough to cancel it if it comesup missing, lost, or stolen. Much easier than it is to get it unfrozen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4217051095810931/k2311a0517/5.17.10