Sun Wireless Broadband
  • However, I think as more users switched to Sun, the network has gotten more and more congested that the signal was almost always low and the internet service was dragging
  • In a nutshell I won't recommend using their service for internet
  • But the internet service provided by their company definitely is not worth the 200 peso difference between them and the other networks

• by kaycharmed

In the Philippines, the Sun Cellular Network is one of the major signal providers. It then launched its own internet provider, the Sun Wireless Broadband as other networks also offered wireless internet access. I quickly went to its office in the mall and got a brochure. I said wow, its unlimited post-paid internet service is a lot cheaper than the one I was using then.

Way cheaper if you ask me. So I weighed the available (meaning what I knew then) pros and con and decided that I would switch to Sun wireless broadband. There were no hassling requirements needed.

The application was easy. I went back, gave the necessary

papers, signed a couple of forms and then I went home already with the sim card and USB device that would serve as the sim card holder and signal detector. It was easy as one two and three.

I was excited to try the internet. It said in the brochure that it was faster than the one I was using. That was true for the first month I was using it.

However, I think as more users switched to Sun, the network has gotten more and more congested that the signal was almost always low and the internet service was dragging. It would take a lot longer or at least ...

• twice the speed of the previous network I was using to download a page. There were times when the speed was relatively fast, but this is in the wee hours of the morning.

When I’m supposedly sleeping! Sometimes I would have to wake up at this time just to be able to read my emails which I normally do before going to bed or even at peak hours. Another thing, you can’t download torrents with this network. I think it’s in the agreement (which I just read with understanding a couple of months after using it).

If you download torrents, it would take you forever as I have experienced. It’s

as if I should have waited for the DVD copy of whatever I’m downloading to come out. And lastly, this wireless broadband is available only in Manila.

Not in the provinces. I don’t know why. There are cellular sites and towers all over the country.

But their wireless internet service is available only in the Metro. That is a down side, especially for those who travel a lot. In a nutshell I won’t recommend using their service for internet.

Yes as a mobile network they work wonders with all its cheap features. But the internet service provided by their company definitely is not worth the 200 peso difference between them and the other networks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2117051095790931/k2311a0517/5.17.10