Star Wars the Force Unleashed for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360  » Games  »
  • I thought Episode I was pretty bland, I hated Episode II, Episode III was really good, Episode IV was fun, Episode V was better, and Episode VI is probably my favorite, but all in all, I am not very much into it
  • On the other hand, I really enjoyed Star Wars
  • It’s not the best looking game, I’ve seen much better, but it’s still a solid looking title
  • Now, the character models I believe are hit or miss
  • Overall it’s a fun game and while Knights of the Old Republic I think is a better game, this is still a fun game to play

• by Big O

Star Wars the Force Unleashed for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

To be quite honest, I am not really the biggest fan of the Star Wars series. I thought Episode I was pretty bland, I hated Episode II, Episode III was really good, Episode IV was fun, Episode V was better, and Episode VI is probably my favorite, but all in all, I am not very much into it. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, the Xbox and PC game, which happens to be one of my favorite games of all time. Now enter Star Wars the Force Unleashed, the newest video game related to the Star Wars universe, and is one of the very few given the honor of being considered canon to the actually Star Wars timeline. Star Wars the Force Unleashed is a 3rd person action game similar to Devil May Cry, God of War and

Ninja Gaiden.

Graphically I liked the game’s look. It’s not the best looking game, I’ve seen much better, but it’s still a solid looking title. The level design and particle effects are where the graphics really shine. Looking at the light sabers, the laser blasts, the explosions and electricity being shot out of the apprentices hands all look very nice. The levels all have a very distinct look and feel to them. Some levels have you running around in a giant ship, others running around in a jungle planet and it all looks very nicely detailed and crafted. Now, the character models I believe are hit or miss. While some characters look rather impressive like the main character and Darth Vader, some of the other characters like Juno and a lot of the enemy types, not so much. Overall though I think this is an impressive looking game. Like I said before though, it’s not the best looking ...

• game I’ve seen, but still a nice looking game in general.

The story in this game takes place in between Episodes III and IV of the Star Wars saga and tells us of an apprentice that Darth Vader had been training. You play as Starkiller, Darth Vader’s secret apprentice. My biggest problem with the story in general is Starkiller himself. While he seems like an interesting character, his character simply isn’t explored enough. We barely really know anything about him or how he acts. The story itself is fine, and does serve as an interesting look at the events that occurred in between the time gap of Episode III and Episode IV, and if you’re a huge fan of Star Wars, the story alone is worth looking into.

The music in this game is quite good; it all feels like it fits in the Star Wars nicely. Some tracks are literally lifted from the Star Wars movies, which isn’t

an altogether bad thing considering how good the sound track for those movies are.

The gameplay of course, is the most important aspect of any game, and this game gets a lot in this category right. Now the gameplay starts off pretty bare bones, you have very few moves and it’s all pretty simple. However throughout the course of the game you level up, learn new moves, upgrade your character and this is all done through combat. The more you fight, the more powerful you become, and fighting is very fun. By the end of the game you’ll have a large array of moves and techniques that allow you to truly decimate your foes. All in all it’s very fun and stays relatively fresh throughout the game.

Overall it’s a fun game and while Knights of the Old Republic I think is a better game, this is still a fun game to play. I give this an 8 out of a 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2817051095740931/k2311a0517/5.17.10