Chapstick True Shimmer Lip Balm, Botanical Berry Flavor  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • Usually I’m pretty impressed with any lip balm Chapstick has to offer
  • Usually, I like to just give my lips a good once over and go
  • Also, the price of a dollar fifty is hardly justified in my opinion, when I consider that to get any noticable kind of shimmer I have to apply way more product than I normally would
  • Next time I’m in the mood to buy Chapstick, I think I’ll stick with their tried and true flavors, such as their classic cherry Chapstick

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Usually I’m pretty impressed with any lip balm Chapstick has to offer. When I saw that there was a shimmer lip balm from them, I was thinking it would be something really special.

In the tube this stuff looked shimmery enough and had a nice pink color. The smell kind of reminded me of raspberry flavored powdered gelatin. Didn’t smell like much on though. The texture of the lip balm was softer and greasier than what I’m used to from Chapstick. I always felt the more waxy texture of their classic formula was just about perfect, because I felt it stayed on my

lips better than just about anything else. So, I didn’t feel this softer formula was an improvement. And the sparkle, well it was barely noticeable when I first tried it. A tiny speck of glitter here and there. I applied more, and more and finally I could notice something shimmery about it. I had to really slather it on, though. That’s more Chaptick than I usually like to wear. Usually, I like to just give my lips a good once over and go.

Apparently, it emphasizes healthy looking lips. So, if you’re lips are less than healthy looking, it’s only going to emphasize ...

• those flaws. I didn’t think my lips were in such bad shape but, I felt like it kind of emphasized the vertical lines in my lips. I certainly didn’t feel like it improved the look of them.

If I didn’t know this was Chapstick I would swear it was some no name dollar store product. In fact, I actually have a slightly shimmery lip gloss I got from the dollar store that I like a lot better. So, this is one Chapstick product that just doesn’t do it for me. Also, the price of a dollar fifty is hardly justified in my opinion, when

I consider that to get any noticable kind of shimmer I have to apply way more product than I normally would.

This particular Chapstick is nothing special in my opinion and this botanical berry flavor doesn’t even really smell like much of anything to me. I don’t really see the point in buying this product when there are other better cheaper lip balms out there. Next time I’m in the mood to buy Chapstick, I think I’ll stick with their tried and true flavors, such as their classic cherry Chapstick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116051095430431/k2311a0516/5.16.10