Knowing Feature Film  » Movies  »
  • I have a netflix subscription and I love horror movies but I have been so bored with most of the movies in the horror genre I have rented lately
  • It was not campy or predictable as I found the last few Nick Cage movies or other horror movies I have watched
  • I found all the dialog realistic and I very much enjoyed the whole film

• by mamajess

The movie Knowing was a pleasant surprise for me. I did not see any advertisements for it when it hit the theaters and I knew nothing about it when I rented it except that it was a horror movie and it had Nick Cage in it. I have a netflix subscription and I love horror movies but I have been so bored with most of the movies in the horror genre I have rented lately.

I did not expect anything from this movie so I went in with an open mind

and boy was I shocked. This was a good movie.

It was not campy or predictable as I found the last few Nick Cage movies or other horror movies I have watched. I could not predict the ending until 3/4 of the way through the movie which is always a good sign and many things I did not expect happened in this movie.

I would suggest this movie to others and in the last 6 months there were maybe 4 other films I would suggest to friend so this is ...

• saying a lot. Without giving away too much, this movie is about Nicholas Cage who is a widower whose son has hearing problems.

His son attends a school that opens a 50 year old time capsule. In the first scene of the movie we see the girl who writes a strange message and seems to be crazy.

In an odd twist of fate, Cage’s son gets the odd girls letter from 50 years ago and brings it home even though it is not allowed. Nick Cage happens to

be a scientist who reads the letter which is full of numbers and figures out what it means.

It is a list of all the dates horrible deaths occur on earth including 9/11 and the death of Cage’s wife. As the movie goes on we get more clues and meet new characters but I did not guess the ending at all and I usually do.

All the acting in this film were wonderful, the script was great. I found all the dialog realistic and I very much enjoyed the whole film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1116051095330431/k2311a0516/5.16.10