Highway Patrol: Motorcycle A TV Show  » TV  »
  • Motorcycle A was one of the more interesting first season outings for this half-hour crime show that centers on the California Highway Patrol

• by Orrymain

Highway Patrol: Motorcycle A was one of the more interesting first season outings for this half-hour crime show that centers on the California Highway Patrol. However, while it’s interesting, I cringed at many elements of it.

First of all, the owner of the care, Bernie Sills (played by Jack Edwards), was just so bitter. Now while I can understand

that, the diatribe that came out of his mouth when dealing with the bikers was so repetitive and overboard. Perhaps the show was limited in the writing by vocabulary, but the lines were spat, one by one, with venom and hatred. It made me tired.

Second, I couldn’t get a handle on the wife, Birdie Sills (played by Paula ...

• Houston), who was kind one second, sympathetic the next, angry the next, and accusatory after that. She had no center, so it was hard to even understand her motives for anything that she did.

Third, times have changed and police officers and detectives operate differently now, but as I listened to the interviews, I kept thinking, ‘why don’t they ask

…’ blah blah blah. It felt shoddy to me. In this case, I’ll blame the writers for not covering their bases more.

That said, and with even more faults I haven’t mentioned, I still liked this episode. It should also be noted that Clint Eastwood had a role as one of the bikers who have a confrontation with the Sills.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1016051094780331/k2311a0516/5.16.10