Radica Lighted Poker Hand held Game  » Electronics  »
  • I bought this for my mom for Christmas, she loves to play card cames especially Poker
  • I thought this would be a great game for her and turns out I was right, she loves it
  • I've played it a few times and I love it as well
  • On the back of the console it has the pay table for the hands in Poker which is especially convenient if you're not that skilled or are just starting out in playing Poker

• by Jcandyce

I bought this for my mom for Christmas, she loves to play card cames especially Poker. I thought this would be a great game for her and turns out I was right, she loves it. I’ve played it a few times and I love it as well.

The size is pretty decent, it fits in my hands and my moms hands comfortably. It’s a little bigger than a regular size playing card, so it isn’t that big or bulky like some hand held games are.

If you’re playing in the dark or just want some extra light on the screen, there’s a switch on the side that you can easily flip and it turns on a bright green

light on the screen, you can just as easily turn it off with the switch too. The screen is also a decent size, my mom wears glasses and even when she plays without her glasses, she doesn’t have to squint her eyes or have the screen really close.

The card numbers and letters, the score, selection hand is all reasonable size wise. The only drawback to this game is that the console is red and the lettering by the buttons is a darker shade of red and written really small and have trouble seeing those sometimes, especially if there’s not that much light in the room or even if we have the screen light on.

However it’s easy ...

• to remember which buttons are where so we don’t have to keep reading the buttons. there’s 5 buttons that you hold your cards with, those are easy to remember since there in the top row and that’s the only things you use them for.

There’s only 3 buttons on the bottom, the deal/draw/turn on is all one button, with sound and high score being the other 2 buttons. We rarely use the score and sound buttons, so it’s really easy to remember where all the buttons are, you don’t need to be able to read what they are.

The sound on the game, which can easily be turned on or off with the sound button, is actually great

quality then what I would expect for such a little game, especially something I only paid less than $10 for. Only drawback to the sound is that it is kinda loud and you can’t adjust it and it does get annoying after awhile.

Me and my mom mostly play with the sound off anyway so it’s not really a big deal. The console only takes 2 AAA batteries and doesn’t use a lot of power so they last a pretty long time.

On the back of the console it has the pay table for the hands in Poker which is especially convenient if you’re not that skilled or are just starting out in playing Poker. Good hand held game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616051094520231/k2311a0516/5.16.10