Selecta Gold Series Vanilla Almond  » Food  »
  • It says on the cover that it has caramel on it but I didn't really noticed the taste of the caramel until the pint was almost empty
  • I recommend everyone who loves ice cream to stock up some of this in your freezer

• by taciturn

One day I was craving for vanilla ice cream so my sister went out to buy some. She came home with two pints of a 465ml Selecta Gold Series Vanilla Almond ice cream. The packaging is simply black and gold but it looks quite sophisticated.

Upon opening the lid, I saw some real almond bits on top. Usually, local ice cream brands put

meager amounts of almond and just uses peanuts to compensate, but not on this one. Every bite ensures you that you’ll get real almond chunks. The vanilla flavor is the creamiest among all the local brands I’ve tried yet. It says on the cover that it has caramel on it but I didn’t really noticed the taste of the caramel until the pint ...

• was almost empty. A lot of caramel seem to have accumulated at the bottom. I’m not very fond of caramel since it almost always ends up being too sweet for my taste, but surprisingly, the caramel used in this ice cream has just the right sweetness.

Retailing at around 125 pesos (or about $2.75), it is a bit more expensive than other local ice

cream brands. When thinking about it though, you are getting more than your money’s worth since it is still cheaper than foreign ice cream brands but the quality and taste is comparable. Not to mention Selecta Gold Series can be easily found in your local grocery and convenience stores. I recommend everyone who loves ice cream to stock up some of this in your freezer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716051094230231/k2311a0516/5.16.10