Green Tree Apple Chips Caramel  » Food  »
1.5
  • I was not impressed with these apple chips
  • I like caramel apples as much as I do cinnamon apples, and that is a lot, so I was really hoping that these apple chips would deliver a delicious caramel flavor
  • Unfortunately, rather than richness and flavor being delivered to my mouth, I instead endured a mouthful of drabness
  • They definitely weren't worth two dollars and seventy cents for a two point eighty-five ounce bag

• by CirclingCanvas

I was not impressed with these apple chips. The reason I purchased them in the first place was because of the word “caramel” on the front of the package.

I like caramel apples as much as I do cinnamon apples, and that is a lot, so I was really hoping that these apple chips would deliver a delicious caramel flavor.

Unfortunately, rather

than richness and flavor being delivered to my mouth, I instead endured a mouthful of drabness.

There’s not a lot of caramel flavor baked onto these apple crisps and there’s certainly not enough to make me a happy, repeat customer.

The caramel flavoring was dull and fleeting, resulting in apple chips that were pretty plain.

Aside from what little caramel taste there was,

• these apple chips also had the flavor of apples, naturally.

There was some sweetness, but for the most part, the chips didn’t have a rich apple taste to them.

That’s why I find them to be drab.

Neither the caramel nor the apple flavors shined or met my expectations.

They were crispy and crunchy, at least, and the one and only bag

that I tried was fresh, so at least these chips weren’t a complete and total disappointment, although that’s really not saying much since the flavor is what’s real important.

They definitely weren’t worth two dollars and seventy cents for a two point eighty-five ounce bag! Overpriced and underwhelming describe these chips well and that’s why they only get a “3″ rating from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716051094180231/k2311a0516/5.16.10