Shake Weight  » Health  »
  • Ordering from the television is not the best idea, so I began shopping for the Shake Weight
  • I found one for 19.99 at Target, and bought it

• by Rhonlynn

The infomercial begins: “Ladies, listen up, are your arms….” and my eyes were immediately drawn to the arms. Not the girl in the infomercial. So, I did some research by looking online, and was tempted to order it from the television. Ordering from the television is not the best idea, so I began shopping for the Shake Weight.

I found one for 19.99 at Target, and bought it. Opening up the box, which includes a 6 minute workout DVD, the Shake Weight appears to be a weight, with bars that are accordion in movement. The goofy girl on the DVD doesn’t give this the

worthiness that the Shake Weight deserves. The advertising is awful, compared to what it does for arms.

After watching the DVD, and trying not to laugh, I tried them for myself. Each workout move required the minuscule muscles in my shoulders to work. I felt the rage from my muscles throughout the 6 minute workout. Each exercise is repeated numerous time by what they term as Dynamic Inertia.

Dynamic Inertia is the movement created by doing micro movements of the muscles. The Shake Weight’s design causes this phenomena, and literally, within weeks, arm muscles are rewarded an improvement.

The DVD worked in my laptop ...

• for a while, but then hung up and froze, which irritated me. So, now I use the Shake Weight without the DVD. The 6 miunute workout is almost more than I can handle. It really gives a person a great arm workout. My muscles are sore in spots I didn’t even realize existed. The shoulder exercises are not for the weak of heart, and this is just a 6 minute workout! Though people laugh at the girl on youtube performing the Shake Weight exercises, they are no joke, and totally worth the 19.99.

I’d not purchase the Shake Weight on television, but

try to buy them from Amazon, or from Target. Nor would I purchase it from the Shake Weight website. I do wish I could get the DVD replaced, but they want to charge me 9.99 for it. And to that, I’ll make up my own work out. The website customer service needs improvement, as does the provocative advertising. The provocative advertising doesn’t sell the product.

What makes this product great is it does what it says. What makes this product 9 stars, is the advertising. If you want to build up your arms, (I didn’t say easily), then this is the item to invest in.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416051093930131/k2311a0516/5.16.10