Weather Man: movie  » Movies  »
  • It's not the kind of movie that I think a lot of people would appreciate
  • It's not the kind of movie I would watch again over and over, but it was definitely worth the watch

• by opalina143

Weather Man, starring Nicholas Cage, was released in number of years ago and was not highly successful in the box office. Perhaps this was because it was such a “different” kind of movie. It wasn’t quite a comedy, though it had some funny parts, and it wasn’t quite a drama.

It wasn’t an action or suspenseful flick like many movies Nicholas Cage is starting. Instead, it told the story of a middle-aged man, who is estranged from his wife and children and trying to launch

a career as a weatherman.

He appears on a small channel in the Midwest. After many years of trying to get his career off the ground, the man finally gets an interview for a major network in California.

However, he must leave his wife and children behind. He and his wife had divorced, and his relationship with her and with his children was not very good.

His father-in-law doesn’t like him, and he feels his life is going nowhere. The story of the ...

• movie is how he pulls himself together and makes a decision about where the rest of his life is headed.

The movie is more slice of life, about one middle-aged, divorced man forced to put things in perspective. It doesn’t sound very exciting, and it isn’t really, but the story held my interest because the character was just so likable, even though he was rather ordinary.

You found yourself really wondering what was going to happen to him, and being drawn into the mood of the

piece. It’s not the kind of movie that I think a lot of people would appreciate.

Nor is it the kind of movie I think I would’ve chosen to watch had I known what it was about. I would not have expected to like the movie as much as I did.

For a movie in which nothing much happens, it did manage to hold my interest pretty well. It’s not the kind of movie I would watch again over and over, but it was definitely worth the watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114051093721131/k2311a0514/5.14.10