Dyson Vacuum Cleaner DC02 Absolute  » Electronics  »
  • For me, this is the best vacuum cleaner I ever had compared of course to my Sanyo and Hoover (all of which I have sold lately)

• by bethbarl

My Dyson Vacuum Cleaner was a Mother’s Day present from my husband. At that time, I felt that it was really an unromantic gesture but knew that he just wanted to help by making household chores easier for me with this machine.

The first complaint I have with this machine is that it is a heavy one. My house has stairs everywhere and even if it has wheels which can be dragged in every part of the house, I still have to carry it through the stairs. I find that its weight though gives it stability as I never had it falling down the stairs while I am doing them. I can also vacuum the stairs easily as the machine is designed to fit the steps. I do

not have plugs on the staircases and even then, I had no need to use extension cords as the cord is long enough.

Another complaint I have with this vacuum is the Hepafilter which I have to change every 6 months or so. It gets really dirty and I can imagine how much dust has accumulated at my home especially after a year’s absence. In addition, it is not readily available at the local supermarkets

Fortunately, the Helpline which is in the manual is still valid. I could actually order the filters on the phone and had them delivered from Belgium to Luxembourg within 3 days. I took a 2 year supply (€86) because I am not here all the time and I would rather that I can use ...

• the cleaner when I want to without worrying that I cannot because the filter is old and needs replacing.

However, its performance is superb for me. Suction power is great and it grabs anything within its range even the tiniest of beads which my daughters would be making to the roll of toilet paper lying on the ground. For me, this is the best vacuum cleaner I ever had compared of course to my Sanyo and Hoover (all of which I have sold lately). I have very few rugs and carpets in the house and this machine makes it even quicker to dust the whole house in an hour.

It is also bagless which makes it easy for me to empty the dirt and just run

water on the receptacle to get it cleaned. All the accessories in it are useful to get the cleaning done at home including the car. In terms of use, this machine is an easy one from assembly, disassembly and even unblocking things which could clog the machine or the tubes.

I’ve had this machine now for nearly 11 years and it continues to work. This to me is the best sign that the machine is durable and is a high performing one. My husband got this for € 322 which is not cheap. But, it vacuums well, is sturdy and functions all the time which makes it a good purchase. I would not hesitate to buy the same brand all over again should this one give up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1614051093391131/k2311a0514/5.14.10