AllerTech Mold & Mildew Stain Remover Spray
3.5
1 votes
Are you familiar with this?
Feel free to rate it!
  • When we moved in to our new condo almost two years ago, the biggest problem I had with it was the bathroom
  • Since I was trying to avoid scrubbing motions, I opted for the directly-to-the-surface alternative
  • I sprayed it and actually sat there on the closed lid of the toilet, anxiously waiting to see if it would magically work right before my eyes, and I have to say I was actually disappointed when it didn't, even though I didn't really expect it to
  • It has an incredibly strong bleach or ammonia smell to it that I found almost unbearable


    • by Anasuya
      TRUSTWORTHY

      followers:17
      follow
      When we moved in to our new condo almost two years ago, the biggest problem I had with it was the bathroom. I was used to one of those simple plastic-like bathtub surrounds, but was somewhat surprised to find a good ol’ fashioned tile surround in my bathtub. These are normally very attractive to look at, unless, of course, the grout was old between the tiles and mildew had started to set in. I tried almost a half a dozen different mold and mildew sprays before finally just taking a toothbrush and abbrasive cleaner to it.

      Even that wasn’t as effective as I had hoped it would be, so I spent a whole week removing the old grout and applying new grout between the tiles. It was a project I don’t look forward to ever having to repeat, though it’s looking more and more likely as the days carry on. About six months ago, I started seeing the signs of mildew forming in the grout, yet again.

      I always forget to spray the bathtub down with a preventative spray


      after showers, and sometimes, with a husband and two kids taking showers too, it’s not always practical, and I’m not always home to make sure there’s a follow-through, so I end up doing weekly scrubbings to try to keep it in check as much as I can. It’s really a disgusting problem and totally unattractive, and I’m at my wits end with it, which is why I picked up the AllerTech Mold & Mildew Stain Remover Spray at a drug store. This isn’t a spray I’ve ever found in a bigger grocery chain, but I’d been fed up with those products as well, finding them all pretty ineffective.

      It’s supposed to remove mold and mildew stains on contact, and take seconds to work, and I was a little hesitant to buy into the promises, but still willing to try because scrubbing it as often as I was isn’t doing my injured shoulder any good at all! You can spray it on a sponge, or directly to the surface. Since I was trying to avoid scrubbing motions, I opted for ...


      • the directly-to-the-surface alternative. You let it dry and then rinse it off.

        I sprayed it and actually sat there on the closed lid of the toilet, anxiously waiting to see if it would magically work right before my eyes, and I have to say I was actually disappointed when it didn’t, even though I didn’t really expect it to. I was still hoping beyond hope. So, I walked away and let it finish drying.

        Now mind you, when I started using this product, I had already been trying to keep the problem under control with my once a week scrub downs, so it wasn’t as bad a situation as it could’ve been. And when I went back in to check on the results, I didn’t immediately see too much of a difference. I rinsed it off, and could start seeing a glimmer of hope.

        The tile grout looked a little whiter. I’ve used it a couple more times since then, and a couple more times the grout seems to be getting whiter. Not perfect, but as good a job

        as the scrubbing was getting me, without all the work! However, the downside to this product is the VERY intense odor.

        It has an incredibly strong bleach or ammonia smell to it that I found almost unbearable. We live in a condo, and our bathroom doesn’t have a window, so we had no way, other than the air vent in the ceiling, to air out the room. The entire hallway and even one of the bedrooms was totally reeking of this bleach and chemical smell for DAYS.

        Not just a couple hours, but actual days. Assuming the results last a month or longer, this might be worth it in the long run, but I don’t really know as of yet, if this is a product I’ll have to spray every week. If I do that, then my house will smell like this almost always, and that’s, ultimately, not worth it to me.

        I felt like my lungs were burning that first day, so if you don’t have a window, wear a surgical mask. That may seem extreme, but I found it a necessity.




    • Don't Be Nice. Be Helpful.

    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5314051093301131/k2311a0514/5.14.10
    Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms & Conditions
    Privacy Policy