Windows Media Player 11  » Software  »
  • However I was not quite impressed with the new media player

• by Suman

Windows media player is a media playing software that comes bundled up in the Microsoft Windows Operating System. The Windows media player 11 comes packaged within the Windows Vista OS. I upgraded to windows media player 11 as a part of Microsoft Windows Update(Windows XP).

However I was not quite impressed with the new media player. Windows Media Player 11 or WMP 11 offers

nothing new to me as compared to its previous version.

Pros: The graphic interface has been made more user-friendly. The looks have been improved.

The software has been given a new black color skin which is stylish. The Support has been added for online purchase of songs that are played in the player.

A new software URGE has collaborated with WMP for visiting online ...

• stores and updating play list information and song purchase. The menu bar has been given Windows vista looks.

Cons: No change has been made to any enhancement settings. The codecs are missing for most formats.

I had to download a full codec pack for making my videos playable. The “minimize to task bar” facility takes up much space on the task bar.

Most importantly,

the software asked me to validate my Windows from the Microsoft Website. It does not install if WGA or Windows Genuine Advantage is not passed.

The player tends to crash occasionally without any specific reason. All in all, Windows media player 11 is not worth the trouble.

I could have done without upgrading to the newest version. I would rate it one star below Windows media player 10.

Windows Media Player 11

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3014051093091031/k2311a0514/5.14.10