Rachel Getting Married movie  » Movies  »
  • I loved the dinner scene when everyone was saying something about the couple and as a detached viewer, you really couldn't have cared what everybody had to say and I think that was what Kym was feeling at that time as well

• by thegirlfrombrazil

The entire movie felt like an indie film from start to finish. The script was refreshing, the cinematography was very basic yet effective and the cast was not that famous but still lived up to their roles.

I never liked Anne Hathaway and her character as Kym only solidified my dislike for her.

She fit the bill as the annoying, insecure and lost addict of

a sister in the movie.

I loved the dinner scene when everyone was saying something about the couple and as a detached viewer, you really couldn’t have cared what everybody had to say and I think that was what Kym was feeling at that time as well.

Waiting for her turn was quite excruciating, yet when she finally got the mic, her spiel was really ...

• awkward and cringe-worthy.

Even I felt like burying my head under a pillow in embarrassment.

Imagine what her family felt listening to her!

The wedding theme was very unique and quite different from what I am accustomed to.

I just think that the entire dancing and singing was a little stretched although I would like to believe that it reflects the feelings of Kym during the

reception.

Like she wanted so badly to make up with her mother or be alone, but she first had to go through a whole night of partying and drinking.

That I think was the only bad part of the movie, the overly long speeches, singing, and dancing.

After one presentation, I think we would already get the picture of what the pre-wedding or wedding should feel like.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114051093021031/k2311a0514/5.14.10