TGV, Train a Grande Vitesse  » Railway  »
France
  • I have taken the train so I’m speaking from personal experience

• by Mandulis

I love my country, the United States. But I have train envy which is a remarkable and wonderful way to see countryside. But the TGV, Train a Grande Vitesse, which means high speed train in French is basically a railway that runs through Europe which started in France. I have taken the train so I’m speaking from personal experience. In the late

’80 my father and I took a train from Paris to Nice and it took about 7 hours. Talk about luxury. This train moves like a knife over soft butter. It was smooth and calming. But not only that, food service on a train is heavenly. Don’t forget the French are gourmet cooks. If all you could afford was a ...

• train a plane trip to Europe and a train ride, it would be worth it.

Now to talk about the actual TGV train. It started off as being propelled by gas turbine-electric locomotives but as gas prices began exorbitant, the TGV changed to electric traction. The first line in France went from Paris to Lyon in 1981 and since then has added routes to Calais

in the north, to Valence in the southeast. Also the Eurostar now connects London to Europe through the Channel Tunnel and it only takes a bit over two hours to go from London to Paris. The price for two people would be about $775.00 round trip.

Pros: Fast smooth and enjoyable train ride Trip from London to Paris is just over 2 hours.

Cons: Only in Europe Somewhat pricey

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4413051092850331/k2311a0513/5.13.10