Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Room Diffuser  » Health  »
  • As an ongoing problem I wanted to find a natural solution not someting of a medical nature
  • Also I use the oils very sparingly until I know how strong each of them are

• by npz

For absolutely ages, I had problems with my sinuses and a feeling of a blocked up nose.  I tried a lot of different products some medical and some natural, but nothing which really worked.  What I really wanted to find was something completely natural. As an ongoing problem I wanted to find a natural solution not someting of a medical nature.

After trying so many different things, someone recommended that I try a room diffuser.  What a great suggestion.  As a result I now highly recommend the Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Room Diffuser. Operation of this unit is so simple. Whenever I am

feeling blocked up or as if I have sinus problems, all I do is unclip the filter at the bottom of the unit, put between six and ten drops of eucalyptus oil on the filter, clip the filter back into the main unit and switch on.

Within seconds, I find that the room is filled with the refreshing and clearing smell of eucalyptus.  Almost immediately I find that my sinuses are feeling better.

Something that I really like is that obviously, I am not limited to eucalyptus.  In fact this diffuser will work with any essential oils.  Another one I like using is ...

• lavender.  I love breathing in lavender and find this very calming and soothing particularly at the end of a day or if I can’t sleep.

There is a downside in my opinion.  The diffuser only comes with one filter.  This is fine if you only use a small number of oils on a regular basis.  For example, I try not to use more than four different oils at the four “corners” (if you can have corners on a round filter!) of the filter.  That way the oils don’t contaminate each other’s smells.

The problem arises if you want to try out lots of

different oils.  The reason is this.  With eucalyptus, the smell fades quite quickly so it is not do much of a problem using another oil after.  However, an oil like geranium is very powerful and extremely long lasting.  If I use geranium oil, even if I don’t use the diffuser for a couple of days afterwards, when I next use it with for example eucalyptus, I can still smell the underlying geranium.

My advice therefore is to use different sections of the filter for different oils. Also I use the oils very sparingly until I know how strong each of them are.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413051092460331/k2311a0513/5.13.10