St Ives Apricot Facial Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • In my opinion thi scrub is also extremely affordable
  • The best thing about St Ives facial scrub

• by npz

I tried all sorts of different face washes and face scrubs. ¬†In particular I wanted to find something that suited my reasonably delicate skin that is prone to breakouts. ¬†Many of the products I tried irritated my skin or left it feeling dry and tight. Other products, specifically designed for breakouts actually stripped my skin or worse, discolored my hair! ¬†That is particularly frightening especially when I realized it wasn’t temporary! ¬† I had to let my hair grow out naturally.¬†

It was at a point of almost giving up that I remembered that I used to use St Ives as a kid.  I had a look in the store and wad amazed that there were now a huge number or different St Ives facial scrubs for different skin

types.  Last time I bought this, there was only one choice.  So after reading all the different descriptions, I went ahead and  bought the St Ives apricot facial scrub designed for blocked pores and gave it a go.

Wow! ¬†This stuff is really great. ¬†As a kid I thought it was good, but they have improved this product so much in the last few years. ¬†I now can’t say enough good things about it. ¬†

I like the fact that the scrub is a reasonably solid paste that I squeeze out of the tube. ¬†As I rub the paste between my hands I can feel the little bits of apricot stone I the scrub, but it doesn’t feel harsh. ¬†The best way I can describe it is it feels ...

• almost like very fine sand, but again, it feels softer than sand.

When I rub the scrub on my face, I can feel a combination of creaminess and scrubbiness!  The creaminess feels like it is cleansing my skin.  The scrubbiness, however feels like it is cleaning deep down into every pore.

More things I like about this. ¬†The smell is very light and there is no after smell after you finished washing. ¬†The consistency of the paste means that you can easily use this in the sink, in the shower or in the bath. ¬†¬†Because the paste is thick, I don’t lose any or drop any and therefore I don’t feel like I am wasting any.

The scrub feels to me as if it is penetrating the pores in my face,

however I don’t feel like it ever scrapes my face or scratches. ¬†It has the wonderful ability or exfoliating my face without being abrasive.

When my face is dry, it feels so soft and smooth. ¬†I don’t have any dry patches or red patches and my face does not feel tight or overly cleaned. ¬†In fact, my face actually feels moisturized.

In my opinion thi scrub is also extremely affordable.  In the grocery store, this is under $4 and lasts for ages.  However, there are frequently special offers that make it even cheaper.  I just hope that St Ives does not goband stop making this!

The best thing about St Ives facial scrub??  My breakouts are less.  For that alone I will not be changing to another product any time soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113051092450331/k2311a0513/5.13.10