Braun Oral B Electric Toothbrush  » Housewares  »
  • I originally bought the Braun Oral B electic toothbrush when I had problems with my wrist and was having difficulty brushing my teeth with a convential toothbrush
  • I had no idea how expensive these would be

• by npz

I originally bought the Braun Oral B electic toothbrush when I had problems with my wrist and was having difficulty brushing my teeth with a convential toothbrush.  I am so glad I did, and since then have not gone back to a conventional toothbrush.

The charging unit is very small.  A small white plastic base holds the toothbrush and there are no electric parts exposed which is a good thing since this is not only being used in the bathroom, but also because the very nature of brushing my teeth involves a lot of water.

I like the design of the toothbrush. It feels sturdy but at the same time it is comfortable to hold and ergonomically designed.  I also like the fact that it has a non slip rubber grip on the handle. This makes a huge

difference when you are brushing your teeth.

This toothbrush is made by Braun but all of the different Oral B toothbrush heads fit the Braun part.  Attaching a head is easy, all I need to do is slot it on.   Removal is similarly easy, just pull it off.  This is useful for me as it means different people can have their own toothbrushes but use one base unit.

The toothbrush seems to charge reasonably quickly. More impressive, is that the toothbrush seems to keep it’s charge for a good amount of time.  For example I went away for a week and left the base unit behind.  I had no difficulty using the toothbrush for the whole week without a hugely noticeable drop in power.

The brushing action is good.   My teeth do feel cleaner using the electric ...

• toothbrush than when I used a conventional toothbrush.  The attachment that I use has both a round circular motion part and a square back and forth action part.  I do feel that the combination cleans my teeth more thoroughly.   There is also a handy reminder after two minutes of brushing to let you know you have been brushing your teeth for an optimal amount of time.

I do have two quibbles with appliance.  The first is that toothbrushes bought for an absolutely identical UK Braun unit do not fit the US unit.  To the eye, they look identical, however, the manufacturer has put a small ridge in the bottom of the toothbrush which means they are not interchangeable.  It’s more annoying than anything, as it means if you have UK toothbrushes already, the base unit

has a shaver plug that can allegedly be used anywhere, but in practice these shaver sockets are not very common in the US. And the UK toothbrushes cannot be charged on a US unit.

The second issue I have is the cost of replacement toothbrush attachments. I had no idea how expensive these would be. The starter package is actually quite cheap and this is to lure you in. Then they make their real money on the replacement brushes.  Given the structure of the attachment, there is no obvious justification for the high price and seems to be taking advantage of the customer.

In all, I shall continue to use this toothbrush as I think it is doing a good job and saving me time.   Notwithstanding the ongoing costs, I do recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5313051092440331/k2311a0513/5.13.10