Salton Microwave Model # MW 2027P (Microwave Oven)
  • At an unlikely store for small appliances, Canadian Tire, I decided to look for microwaves, and to my surprise, I spotted a really sleek looking model by a brand I had never heard of, called Salton
  • Once we got it home and hooked up, I paid attention to some of the other features, even though it was the price and the appearance that made us purchase it

• by Jessie Bahrey

I purchased a new microwave last week mainly to match my new stainless steel refrigerator; as I shopped around, my main criteria for purchasing it was that it was sleek, stainless steel, smaller than my current one, and basically looked minimalist and modern. I use the microwave so rarely, mainly to defrost meat, so I didn’t need a really big one, or one that had many fancy features, so I basically looked for a nice-looking, inexpensive model.

At an unlikely store for small appliances, Canadian Tire, I decided to

look for microwaves, and to my surprise, I spotted a really sleek looking model by a brand I had never heard of, called Salton.

This particular model was small on the exterior, but with lots of room on the inside (9 cubic feet), and has 900 watts for power.

I didn’t really care too much about the features, but loved how it looked, including the clean lines and great-looking, rounded handle that looked very modern.

The price was also great, at only $79.

We ended up buying it that ...

• day, because we had shopped at several other stores and not seen one as nice as this.

Once we got it home and hooked up, I paid attention to some of the other features, even though it was the price and the appearance that made us purchase it.

Some of the cool features include a child safety lock, which I have not used, a timer, which is always handy, and ten power levels.

I do like the six one-touch options, which include popcorn, potato, reheat, frozen dinner, pizza and

beverage.

The reheat really works, and I actually use these buttons, which is not usual for me.

Another feature which is important to me is the defrosting options-you can defrost by weight or time.

Basically, all of the features are easy to use (no reading the manual necessary), and work well.

I am extremely pleased with this microwave, and even this brand is not as well-known as some of the other brands, it is a high-quality appliance and extremely affordable.

And, best of all for me, it looks great!

Shawn says :

how do you use the child lock? where can I find an online manual? Thank you

John says :

You can actually find the manual on Salton’s website. It includes the steps to use the child lock. Here’s the link: Click instruction manual.

quick note by anonymous :

i also have this microwave but am finding that the outside gets really hot .Is this common with stainless steel microwaves?

Harriet says :

This is common in a lot of microwaves, although it shouldn’t get too hot. Metal absorbs the heat so logically it should get hot. Call up your supplier and they should answer your question if you are worried. Make sure you have no flammable objects nearby though.

Vincent says :

Hi, I bought Salton MW 2027 P. After 3 years suddenly when i was cooking, it started sparking inside the oven. I stopped the micro and try to resolve the problem. But when i search the net i found that this might be a manufacturer defect in the oven. I dont know how to fix this. Any ideas? Pl. note the micro is really very clean from inside.

doreen says :

I have a mw 2027p for several months now and, suddenly one day the motor ? stopped working . When I push `clear`, then 3, for three minutes, the timer works but the turn-table doesn`t turn and the micro doesn`t go on.The timer keeps on counting down I didn`t do any thing different when using it before. What happened? What can I do? Doreen

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1613051092370231/k2311a0513/5.13.10