Criminal Minds: Exit Wounds TV Show  » TV  »
  • I’ve been watching Criminal Minds from the beginning, but I find that I am agreeing more and more with Mandy Patinkin who starred in this series originally and then left the show because it was too dark and upsetting

• by Orrymain

I’ve been watching Criminal Minds from the beginning, but I find that I am agreeing more and more with Mandy Patinkin who starred in this series originally and then left the show because it was too dark and upsetting. Sometimes I only half watch the shows which are gruesome much of the time. Perhaps by nature, that’s appropriate considering the mission of the FBI unit at the center of the tale.

Exit

Wounds was a show about a serial murderer. This is a common theme for the series over the years. They do numerous multi-murders per season. Sometimes we see more than I wish we did. This set of killings takes place in a small town in Alaska, so it’s a change of scenery for the unit.

I do love the character of Penelope, who is the computer techie of the unit.

• Her character has grown so much over the years of the show. She’s spirited and sees the good in people. Of course, in this show she’s questioning that. In the last couple of seasons, she’s been thrust in the middle of crimes and had to do things that went beyond the scope of being a good computer hacker.

In this show, she witnesses one of the murders and that spawns

some doubts within her. Part of the good of Criminal Minds, is Penelope’s friendship with Morgan. They are like an odd couple, but it works. There’s nothing romantic in it; it’s purely platonic and enjoyable to watch.

I liked the team being somewhere woodsy instead of in the cities and it was nice to have the focus not be on sourpuss, aka Thomas Gibson, who is the leader of the team.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1013051091650131/k2311a0513/5.13.10