Prepaid Phones  » Cellular services  »
1.5
  • I found out that prepaid service plans are a rip off

• by TWDivine24
      I usually purchase phones with a contract. This year was the first year that I attempted a prepaid service plan.

I found out that prepaid service plans are a rip off.

You get fewer minutes

and spend more money buying refuel cards, than with a contract.

I have a prepaid phone where I spend $1 to chirp and $0.

15 a minute to talk.

I can buy a phone card for ...

• $30 and get about 200 minutes, but depending on whether if you use the phone for talking and walkie-talkie.

I have to pay $1 a day to chirp and there are no free nights and

weekends.

Prepaid is good for a throw away phone.

Meaning, you keep it until you can get another phone, but not for permanent use.

Prepaid phones have to be the biggest rip off company next to insurance companies.

Azriel says :

That is really true. most companies would take care of their poatpaid plan users but in the end they probably earn more from prepaid subscribers. With prepaid phones there are no traces of the load you put in your phone and usually it has an expiry date too. As compared to the postpaid plans where all calls and sms messages are stated in your monthly billing statement.

Jennifer Davis says :

I have a prepaid Verizon phone and I can view all my calls, text messages, and how much I have loaded on the phone at anytime online in my MyVerizon account.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22912109160331/k2311a129/12.9.06