Hula Hanks bar in New Haven CT
1.5
216 Crown Street New Haven CT 06510
  • Hula Hanks is a bar that was way to overrated by way too many friends of mind and when I went here I did not enjoy myself at all and I even gave this dump the benefit of the doubt and returned on another occasion and unfortunately the experience was pretty much the same and this was not good let me tell you that much and there are quite a few things that I did not like about this place at all and to start things off with this place was ugly and I mean it too
  • The mixed drinks here tasted horrible and the beer did not taste fresh and I was left highly disappointed with the quality of drinks here
  • It was big inside and there were three bars inside this place but it really looked dirty inside here and the DJs who were here didn’t play any good music at all and the place was boring but for some reason it was pretty packed and the crowd this attracted appeared to be a stuck up one
  • If you like rude bartenders who are slow and make crappy drinks and a cheap island theme, dirty try hard bar that offered horrible food and prices they are not worth than I recommend you check this place out but I for one think this place is a dump that needs to revamp the place and until they do that I do not recommend that you check this place out because it sucks

• by thereviewerat1

Hula Hanks is a bar that was way to overrated by way too many friends of mind and when I went here I did not enjoy myself at all and I even gave this dump the benefit of the doubt and returned on another occasion and unfortunately the experience was pretty much the same and this was not good let me tell you that much and there are quite a few things that I did not like about this place at all and to start things off with this place was ugly and I mean it too. The inside of Hula Hanks was a joke and the bar reminded me as a try hard bar meaning that they tried way too hard in making this dump look better than what it really was.

The whole bar was

trying to go with an island theme and the entire decor was just lame and cheaply put together and jus looked cheap and ugly.

There were a few fake palm trees around the place and other island decor but it really just made the place look like a playhouse and a joke and cheap.

The seating set up sucked and the booths were very uncomfortable to sit in and this really sucked a lot.

Even the lighting in here was horrible and a little on the dark side with cheap strobe like lighting which was lame.

The bar area was pretty crappy too and the chairs were not comfy at all and what was even worse than the hideous set up would have to be the service here.

The bartenders who were here were just on the ...

• rude side and just were so slow and acted like they were better than all the customers here and this was very annoying.

The mixed drinks here tasted horrible and the beer did not taste fresh and I was left highly disappointed with the quality of drinks here.

The food menu really wasn’t big nor were all that great and I got some wings from here and they didn’t give much at all and they around eight dollars and certainly not worth it at all.

be a stuck up one.

The sound system and the lights were equally horrible and I couldn’t stand how crappy the music was coming in throughout their sound system.

The place was only opened three days a week and I ended up going on a Thursday and than a Friday or Saturday night and it was bad on both nights I went there at and it sucked.

If you like rude bartenders who are slow and make crappy drinks and a cheap island theme, dirty try hard bar that offered horrible food and prices they are not worth than I recommend you check this place out but I for one think this place is a dump that needs to revamp the place and until they do that I do not recommend that you check this place out because it sucks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 713051091550131/k2311a0513/5.13.10