Blackberry Storm  » Phones  »
  • I like it as a modem, the battery life and the touchscreen itself, but I don't think i will buy another phone with just a touchscreen

• by Marty Raaymakers

I recently become owner of the Blackberry Storm through Verizon’s Certified Used program for $140. I needed a phone that would act as a modem for my mac air and the phone originally sold to me didn’t work for that.

The phone is growing on me but I have found the learning curve to a non-keyboard touchscreen phone has been huge and at times painful.

What I like the most is: –The keyboard response when you hit a key. It depresses so there is a warning to look if you think you might have typed a wrong letter.

–The screen can turn any which way. I don’t have to turn the phone for a landscape view and then turn it all the way around when I realize that I have

turned it the wrong way. This is an awesome to me.

–The key functions were fairly intuitive to me.

–I like the way the screen lock function works; a lot. It’s an easy press of the button and when the screen is locked, the screen light doesn’t automatically come on to burn the battery down. One has to literally unlock the screen before it will turn on.

What I like the least is: –The screen seems to scratch if you breathe. I am not rough on a phone. I laid it face down once, and scratched the screen.

–It is supposed to have an intuitive interface and sometimes that interface will decide to change letters into words that I don’t want and I have to start the word over again ...

• –Facebook app for the Blackberry isn’t what I need. I have a lot of people I would like to keep up with and it makes it hard to go back to see what is happening with them. I was very disappointed with it.

I do have to keep the screen locked or when I pick it up I will accidentally hit the voice dialer. I am a data kind of a person so this feature is a pain to me.

There is a red light that blinks if I have a message. This feature works well for me. I don’t have to turn on my phone and light up the screen to see if have a message. That is a great battery saver.

It hooked right up to my Jawbone

headset. It was easy to install and worked right away. It came with a corded headset that worked well, but would rub on my shirt in a way that was irritating for the person on the other end of the line.

The wall charger that came with the phone came with all sorts of international hookups that will come in handy this summer when I travel.

I am very happy with the battery life, I charge it once a day and it sees fairly consistent use through email, facebook, twitter, and text messaging. The phone has good battery life on long conference calls also.

I like it as a modem, the battery life and the touchscreen itself, but I don’t think i will buy another phone with just a touchscreen. I really miss a keyboard.

Blackberry Storm

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3712051091340131/k2311a0512/5.12.10