Walmart in Live Oak, Florida  » Shopping  »
1.5
6868 US Highway 129, Live Oak Florida 32064
  • Unfortunately, because even though Walmart's prices are high, they are still cheaper then Publix and therefore most people have no choice but to shop there
  • I am very disappointed at their willingness to over charge for basic goods all in the name of profit, their poor treatment of employees and the general lack of friendly customer service

• by mandavalga

In the past I have been a frequent visitor of Walmart. However, upon moving to Live Oak Florida, I have changed my opinion about the stores chain greatly.

Located in Live Oak Florida, Walmart is one of only two major grocery stores within a 25 to 50 miles radius. There is a Publix here, however they are expensive and not something that most of the town, myself icluded, can afford. I have come to dispise the Walmart in Live Oak becuase of a few things.

Firstly their prices are above that of the Walmart in both Valdosta Ga and Lake City Fl (the two major towns closest to us). Even the “Great Value” brand is more expensive. I have routinely, found

that those basic things like cerel, milk and other grocery items are up to 20% more expensive here then anywhere else. I asked the maanger about this once and was told because of the rural location, that it costs more to have food delievered. However, the Walmart is less than two miles from I-10 and less that 10 miles from 1-75.

Secondly, is the lack of respect for their employees. On more than one occasion I have seen managers yelling at employees in the middle of the store. While I understand that sometimes employees must be corrected. I do not believe any employer has the right to yell and scream at his employees much less in front of the store’s patrons.

• The employees are over worked, yelled at, and taken advantage of. Since there are at least 5 people needing employment behind every 1 employee, Walmart seems to have the attitude that all of its employees are disposable. Its terrible.

Thirdly, is the poor customer service. I can not say how many times I have gone to check out and not gotten so much as a “hi” out of the cashier. There have been many times that I have been short changed and had to remind the cashier of how much I gave them. I have seen cashier’s standing around talking and upon my approach turned the lights on their registers off and tell me their closed only to take customers a

few minutes later when the manager walks by. I find that rude and totally inappropriate. I understand that as employees they aren’t necessarily treated right, but it is not the fault of the customer and should not be taken out on them.

Unfortunately, because even though Walmart’s prices are high, they are still cheaper then Publix and therefore most people have no choice but to shop there. I am very dissatisfied with this Walmart and do my best not to go there. I am very disappointed at their willingness to over charge for basic goods all in the name of profit, their poor treatment of employees and the general lack of friendly customer service. I would enourage others to shop elsewhere if they can.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2412051091230131/k2311a0512/5.12.10