OSK Japanese Green Tea, tea bags

• by true_value

After reading and hearing so much about the anti-oxidant, anti-aging and anti-cancer benefits of Green Tea, I decided to try it as well. Since I have a Japanese friend I thought who better to recommend me a good brand of green tea. In fact it is the Japanese who know their green tea the best.

My friend took me to tea section at the supermarket. I noticed that there is quite a lot of variety and

brands selling green tea. They have it in powder forms, dried leaf form and tea bags. Some are also flavored with jasmine, lemon etc., I wondered which one she would pick for me.

She didn’t look around as much because obviously she knows which one to get. She picked a green box labeled OSK Japanese Green Tea and said this was the best I can buy and that she too uses the same. She also mentioned that OSK is one of those brands that first introduced green tea in tea bags and has been around for many years. She also explained and showed me that most other brands actually come from china and that it is the Japanese Green Tea that is of the most superior quality. The box has 50 teabags of 2 gm each for S$8.00 and is pricier than all the other brands.

On opening ...

• OSK Japanese Green Tea, tea bags
      the box I was pleased to find that each teabag was individually wrapped in sachet which meant I didn’t have to find air-tight container to store. I just leave them in the box and place it in the kitchen cabinet.

I use a big coffee mug, place the tea bag first and pour boiling water over it and let it steep for 5 minutes. If left for too long it will make the tea release excess tannins and tastes very unpleasant. I love the mild aroma and uplifting taste of this green tea.

Out of curiosity, I have tried a couple of other brands but feel that this has the best after taste and smoothness.

I have now made it a habit to enjoy green tea as part of my everyday routine. While my body gets the benefits of green tea I enjoy the light and refreshing feeling after every cup.

anjaly says :

Hi……..m staying in delhi ,india….please tell me how could i buy this item from malaysia to india ? How much does one pkt cost ?

true value replies :

Hi you can check on ebay. thanks

Galega says :

OSK Green Tea isn’t available in India. I have personally confirm this while buying Lipton Green Tea.

You can find it at eBay, but it would be quite costly. It is not prudent to spend more money to get a product which you can easily find here.

Try Lipton Green Tea, which is processed from Darjeling Tea Garden, the world’s famous tea spot.

Santi says :

Hi,

Just bought a box of OSK green tea. Tried a sachet and they taste good. But should I worry about radiation contamination due to the 2011 japanese nuclear reactor incident with this tea brand????

Also, it would be helpful if you know in which region this brand is manufactured???

Thanks…

Galega says :

There isn’t any threat of radiation contamination. All manufacturing units around the area where radiation had happened was shut down and was reopened only when approved by the authority. You can rest assured about this fact.

If you are comfortable with the taste and quality, you can continue using it.

jasm says :

i really love this brand as i got it in Malaysia. please advice agent for this brand in GCC region like Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain for immediate purchase of this product. thanks.

true_value replies :

Hi there sorry I am not able to help you with this.

Jamieson says :

I found your OSK green tea bags when travelling on Malaysian Airlines recently and I am very impressed with the quality. I reside mostly in Brisbane, Australia at present, but also in Paris at times, where I am now. Could you tell me if there are any sources of OSK green tea bags in Brisbane, and also in Paris? Or in any parts of Australia? I would be most grateful and thank you for your assistance. Jan Jamieson

true_value replies :

Hi there, I did a search for you and cant seem to find any information about the availability of OSK tea in Paris or Australia. However if you check on eBay for Japanese Green Tea you will find some good quality products. I hope you will find one that is just as good. I hope this helped.

Brajesh says :

You can get OSK green Tea in tons in Singapore… Though I personally find the taste not that appealing (apparently a personal thing) however I try to drink off and on given its health benefits

tracey says :

Hi,i am having high blood pressure and taking medication,can i take osk green tea?
Thank you.

true value replies :

Hi Green Tea also has caffeine and it can hike your blood pressure. I don’t think it is advisable for BP patients to drink any kind of caffeine beverages.

chitra says :

Ist time wanna try …I want kempis my perut

Galega says :

Green Tea contains very little amount of Caffeine. That may not be a matter of concern (if you are not suffering from any cardiovascular disease).

However, if you are taking any maintenance medicine regularly to control blood pressure like Nadolol (Corgard) then you should not take OSK or for that matter any other Green Tea.

Many clinical trials have shown that Green Tea can lessen the effectiveness of bp medicine.

quick note by anonymous :

can sensitive skin or someone whom always have acne outbreak advisable to consume OSK Japanese Green Tea? As far as i know caffeine will cause pimple breakouts.

true value replies :

Hi I have sensitive and acne prone skin and tea does not break me out. Coffee does. Green tea is actually good for skin just make sure to drink more water as it can be dehydrating.

Galega says :

There is very little amount of Caffeine in OSK Green Tea. So, it should not be a cause of concern for you.

As you might know, Green Tea is rich source of anti oxidant.

And, anti oxidants are always a preferred way to treat lots of skin problems, including acne and pimples. It controls free radicals, among many others helpful stuffs.

Some research studies have proved that Green Tea is also quite helpful for skin, specially facial skin. I don’t see any problem in your case to take this Green Tea. It has nothing to do with sensitive skin.

priyaprakash says :

Hi,
Green tea is really good for health when you drink at least 3 cup a day. 34 health benefits give to the human body. I am assure you 40 minutes walk and drink 4 cups green tea gives more energies in life.

Regards,
Priya

lovemyreviews says :

Green tea is great for weight loss, diabetes and heart disease. Of course there are other health benefits of green tea, like stomach upset. Green tea is an exceptional tea that can definitely enhance your health.

Wahyu Pamungkas says :

re : After reading and hearing so much about the anti-oxidant, anti-aging and anti-cancer benefits of Green Tea, I decided to try it as well
I already tried green tea and i decided to use everyday

Daphne says :

Hi, I had Thyroidectomy, can i take this tea?

Galega says :

OSK Japanese Green Tea contains caffeine. You have undergone Thyroidectomy and in this case caffeine is strictly prohibited.

You should not take this product.

Michelle says :

Hi, read about OSK Japanese Green Tea contains Caffeine, I’m anemia, however, I drink coffee from 1 Or 2 cups a day.. now because I have Breast Calcification (calcium deposits crystal), I decided to take less coffee as caffeine is higher than green tea.

Now, can I drink 1 cup of OSK Japanese Green Tea after an hour of my lunch (according to my abovementioned - anemia) ? I know I have to avoid drinking when I have my periods… kindly advise, thanks

Galega says :

Technically, I don’t see any problem in taking one cup of Green Tea in your case.

However, it would be best if you consult a doctor and ask for suggestions. It is because of the fact that you have undergone breast calcification (and, hence you should consult a doctor before taking any supplement/drink).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712051091180131/k2311a0512/5.12.10