InterDesign Kitchen! Over Cabinet Towel Bar From World Market
  • That one was designed to provide extra hooks for hanging up clothes, bathrobes, towels etc. It was easy to install and it didn’t cost much, but I regretted the purchase
  • Anyway, so I bought this against my better judgment when it comes to over the door anything
  • I thought it might be good for holding hand towels
  • I found that while the protective rubber backing held the towel bar securely in place, it didn’t fit as perfectly as it did on my 3/4 inch thick kitchen cabinets
  • In short, I recommend this product very, very highly

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I came across this towel bar on the back wall of World Market while I was shopping for kitchen utensils. I was actually a little unsure as to whether I should by it, even though it was only 8 dollars.

The last time I can remember buying an over the door type device was several years ago and I had bad experiences with it. That one was designed to provide extra hooks for hanging up clothes, bathrobes, towels etc. It was easy to install and it didn’t cost much, but I regretted the purchase. The thing made it harder to close the bathroom door. When I did get it to close, I unknowingly created permanent indentations in the door. I was embarrassed to have damaged it as it was a new door in a newly built home.

Anyway, so I bought this

against my better judgment when it comes to over the door anything. When I got it home I was actually skeptical that the cabinet doors would even be able to close at all. Lo and behold they closed perfectly and the towel bar did not shift around when I opened and closed the cabinet door.

I tried it first over the under sink cabinet for dish towels. Then I began experimenting. I took it from where it was and put it on one of the above counter cabinets. I had a few S hooks lying about and I figured out I could hang utensils from it. My microplane grater and my shiny new poultry sheers looked great hanging from the stainless steel towel bar. I was able to recover a little of my precious counter space by reducing the number ...

• of utensils in containers. Intantly, my humble 1940s kitchen was starting to look and feel more like a professional kitchen.

I also tried this out in the bathroom. I thought it might be good for holding hand towels. The cabinets that hold our towels are quite a bit thinner than my kitchen cabinets. I found that while the protective rubber backing held the towel bar securely in place, it didn’t fit as perfectly as it did on my 3/4 inch thick kitchen cabinets. So, the thing to keep in mind here is the closer your cabinets are to an inch thick, the more perfectly this towel bar will fit. Don’t get me wrong, it still looked okay and I don’t think it would’ve hurt anything to use it there. I just wasn’t as pleased with it so I took it down.

I can’t get over how surprised and happy I am with this purchase. This has turned out to be one of the most wise and least expensive purchases I have made from World Market. Can’t wait to get more of these for my other kitchen cabinet doors. This is really turning out to be an excellent way to save space in my kitchen as well as attractively display some of my fancy kitchen gadgets.

Now, depending on how high your ceilings are and how tall your kitchen cabinets are, you may not be able to use this towel bar exactly as I have. However, I’m pretty confident that any kitchen would benefit from having at least one of them. In short, I recommend this product very, very highly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5312051090881231/k2311a0512/5.12.10