Equate acne treatment 10%  » Health  »
  • This past month I did have a bad breakout but couldn't really afford my usual cream, so I bought Walmart's brand of acne treatment, Equate

• by reviewabit

I am one of those lucky people who gets adult acne at forty. I don’t usually treat it with medications unless it gets particularly bad.

This past month I did have a bad breakout but couldn’t really afford my usual cream, so I bought Walmart’s brand of acne treatment, Equate.

It was a 10% formula,

the strongest one.

I didn’t know what to expect because in the past, sometimes generic brands seemed weaker.

This was not the case with the Equate brand.

I got exactly the same results as I do with other benzoyl peroxide formulas.

Knowing now that it truly is just as good, there is no way I ...

• would ever pay three times as much for the name brand.

Sometimes taking a gamble on a generic pays off.

Now, just a quick tip for anyone trying any brand of benzoyl peroxide cream for the first time, beware– all of them do have side effects.

They very often make your skin red and itchy.

If overused, they can dry it to a crisp.

What I try to do is use a very small amount of the full strength on the bad spots, then dilute a bit of the cream with some lotion for use elsewhere on the skin if needed.

This can help with the reactions.

Don’t use it near your eyes!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412051090691231/k2311a0512/5.12.10