Whisker Lickin’s Crunch Lovers cat treats
  • They come in a convenient resealable plastic can that is super easy to use and store
  • This has been an issue with other treats, particularly the crunchy types
  • I feed my cats a high quality regular food so I think they are ok with a little cheapie treat once in awhile

• by reviewabit

I have three cats of various ages and breeds and it is always a challenge to find treats that all of them will like. I think I’ve tried every brand out there.

I’ve narrowed it down to a few and one I want to talk about is Purina’s Whisker Lickin’s “crunch lovers” treats.

They come in a convenient resealable plastic can that is super easy to use and store.

Purina wisely leaves

room inside the can to shake the treats- this noise makes the cats come running.

The tuna flavor seems to be the household favorite, and it comes in cute little fish, heart, and star shapes (which is, of course, for our amusement because the cats don’t care!) It’s a tartar control treat, so I feel a little better knowing there is a benefit and it’s not just “junk food.

” My Siamese likes ...

• to take them gently out of my fingers with his mouth, and it’s easy to do this with the shapes they offer.

My younger cat likes to chase them across the floor, and my oldest girl kitty just wants you to lay them down for her on the couch.

I have never seen any of my cats throw up after eating several of these.

This has been an issue with other treats,

particularly the crunchy types.

They love the flavor, it’s fun for all of us, it’s a great price, the package is perfect and you can find them at just about any mass retailer or grocer if you are between trips to the pet supply store.

Nutritionally they are fair.

26% protein.

I feed my cats a high quality regular food so I think they are ok with a little cheapie treat once in awhile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2912051090651231/k2311a0512/5.12.10