The Mentalist - TV show  » TV  »
  • In real life, I don't think I would like him very much because he is so smug, but on the show, it's just funny how the rest of the team likes him but hates him
  • If you are the type who wants tv shows to be realistic, I don't think you'd like this show until you got used to it, like I did

• by booklover

The first few times I saw this show, I didn’t really grasp the concept and couldn’t figure out why a police investigative team would have some random guy (who used to be a con artist) on their team. It just seemed like a stretch.

Of course, I have been enjoying a lot of criminal procedures shows like CSI, Numbers,

Bones, and NCIS, so I watched a bit more.

The thing that makes this show isn’t really the crimes.

Those aren’t very important or relevant.

It really is all about Jane, and his ability to read people’s behaviours - and really annoy all of the by-the-book officers that he works with.

It isn’t really even that important whether there ...

• really is a California Bureau of Investigation, although it makes for some great lines in the show.

I like how he drives people nuts.

I think it’s funny.

And it’s fun to see what leaps he takes, as well as all of the ways that he breaks the rules but always turns out to be right.

In real life,

I don’t think I would like him very much because he is so smug, but on the show, it’s just funny how the rest of the team likes him but hates him.

If you are the type who wants tv shows to be realistic, I don’t think you’d like this show until you got used to it, like I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1011051090271131/k2311a0511/5.11.10