Inov8 F-lite 300 running shoes  » Sport  »
2.5
  • I found the soles gripped well on damp pavements and were flexible without losing the support I need, as my feet tend to roll inwards (overpronate) as I walk and run
  • However, I was disappointed when I wore them for running
  • In short, I would strongly recommend trialling the F-lites before buying them, as they are not suitable for all running styles

• by RachelR

I took the opportunity to try these shoes when I saw a barely-used pair advertised cheaply on Ebay. They came highly recommended by fellow-runners for their light weight and superb grip.

F-lites are marketed as a road shoe but other users said they had performed outstandingly well on dry trails and also ice.

I have worn these shoes both for walking and running.

They were immediately comfortable for walking.

I found the soles gripped well on damp pavements and were flexible without losing the support I need, as my feet tend to roll inwards (overpronate) as I walk and run.

I have also worn them off-road, including on a bike ride where I ended up pushing my bike up a steep woodland hill.

The ...

• grip was excellent.

However, I was disappointed when I wore them for running.

I am a heel-striker and found they lacked cushioning, so my heels took a bashing in them.

I tried them several times on different terrains but never adjusted to them: for running, they lacked the cushioning and responsiveness of other lightweight trainers I have tried.

In addition, after only

a few weeks’ light wear, the lining on the inside of the heels has worn through.

In short, I would strongly recommend trialling the F-lites before buying them, as they are not suitable for all running styles.

Although I found them very comfortable for walking, they are probably an expensive option if that is all you are going to use them for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3511051089931031/k2311a0511/5.11.10