TJ Maxx  » Shopping  »
620 Ave. Of The Americas New York, NY 10011
  • I ate my words when I walked out with an amazing amount of name brand clothes for just $50
  • When I first walked into the store, the thing I immediately noticed was how incredibly unorganized it was
  • I learned that if you want to shop here, you need to have a lot of time so that you can weed through everything to find the real gems
  • I found many name brand items, such as Ed Hardy, Calvin Klein, Nike, etc. for prices that were at least 50% off what they would’ve cost had I bought them at a place like Macy’s
  • I recommend going and checking it out if you have some time to spare

• by K. Rose

I’ll admit, when I first heard of TJ Maxx I figured they’d just have cheap off brand clothing. I heard how low the prices are, and figured that as with most things, you get what you pay for. One day I was walking by one of them and decided to poke my head in and look around a bit. I ate my words when I walked out with an amazing amount of name brand clothes for just $50!

When I first walked into the store, the thing I immediately noticed was how incredibly unorganized it was. Clothes were thrown everywhere, many items of clothing were

on the floor being stepped on, and there were no real departments set up since all the clothes became mixed together everywhere. I learned that if you want to shop here, you need to have a lot of time so that you can weed through everything to find the real gems.

And there definitely were some gems. Despite the disorganization, I stayed for a while and looked through the racks. I found many name brand items, such as Ed Hardy, Calvin Klein, Nike, etc. for prices that were at least 50% off what they would’ve cost had I bought them at a place like Macy’s!

• I was pleased to find out from the fitting room attendant that they change their stock every week, so every week there’s another opportunity to find some great deals. I especially enjoyed the Nike shorts that I bought that were normally $35 on sale for $12, and a CK shirt that normally goes for $60 on sale for $18.

The staff could be a bit friendlier, but I imagine it’s difficult for them to deal with customers day after day that just throw the clothing around everywhere, so I give them a pass on that one. I do have a favorite cashier there however.

There is this one older gentleman, probably in his mid 70’s or so, that is such an absolute pleasure to talk to. He doesn’t rush through anyone, makes polite conversation, complimented my purchased, and just was an overall joy in a place that seemed a bit gloomy.

I recommend going and checking it out if you have some time to spare. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find anything wonderful the first time. I go in there a couple times a month now, and I find amazing items at impressive prices at least half of the time, so it’s definitely worth spending a bit of time there!

TJ Maxx

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2411051089711031/k2311a0511/5.11.10