Megabus  » Travel  »
  • There’s a lot I love about the bus, but let’s hit on the important ones
  • The driver was extremely friendly as well, and I really enjoyed talking to him until the bus got going
  • The best part for me, though, are certain seats on the top level of the bus
  • I found it to be so relaxing to stare directly at the open road instead of at the seat in front of me
  • I recommend Megabus to all bargain travelers

• by K. Rose

I’ll admit, I’m not a huge fan of taking the bus places. Out of NYC, for a long time the main affordable option was the Chinatown bus, which was often late and always crowded. However, I had no choice but to rely on it for my trips to DC and Boston which I made rather often. Tickets usually ranged from $20-$35 roundtrip, so despite it not being all that comfortable, it was the affordable alternative to the train.

But then Megabus came along, and I’ll never look back! Megabus has a much safer pick up area right by Herald Square, and

the bus showed up right on time every single time I’ve taken it! In fact, every single time I’ve been on the bus (10+ trips now) we arrived at our destination early each time.

There’s a lot I love about the bus, but let’s hit on the important ones. For those of you who, like me, are addicted to technology, there’s free WiFi available as well as outlets at EVERY seat! It’s fantastic to be able to sit and play on my computer or watch dvd’s to keep myself busy. I’ve spent many, many trips watching Friends and Will and Grace,

• and it almost makes me sad when the trip is coming to an end!

Besides that, I absolutely love that it’s a double decker bus. TONS of seats, which meant I didn’t have to worry about any crowding or anyone sitting too close to me. The driver was extremely friendly as well, and I really enjoyed talking to him until the bus got going!

The best part for me, though, are certain seats on the top level of the bus. I can’t stress how wonderful it is to sit in the front seats with the floor to ceiling windows! I found it

to be so relaxing to stare directly at the open road instead of at the seat in front of me. I sat back with my iPod and just started out the window until I drifted off to sleep. I also recommend it to those who have motion sickness issues; it helps me a lot to be able to stare at the horizon with no obstructions if I began to feel sick.

I recommend Megabus to all bargain travelers! I’m sure you’ll all enjoy the $1 fares as much as I do if you’re lucky enough to catch them when they pop up!

Megabus

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3811051089651031/k2311a0511/5.11.10