Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast Five Cheese
1.0
  • I taste some mozzarella, some parmesan, but that's basically it
  • High in price, but low in flavor is not a good combination

• by CirclingCanvas

I don’t care what brand I try, be it Pepperidge Farm, New York Style, Mama Cozzi’s, whatever, they all offer a five cheese Texas Toast and they all stink. When something reads “Five Cheese”, I personally think I’m in for something that’s going to be super cheesy, rich in cheese flavor and just all around thick with layers of cheese.

What I end up

getting, regardless of brand, is Texas Toast that looks almost like regular garlic Texas Toast and barely has any cheese flavor at all.

I taste some mozzarella, some parmesan, but that’s basically it.

It’s not like I even taste that much mozzarella or parmesan, either.

The flavors are fleeting and easily forgotten.

I guess they just don’t put that much cheese on the Texas ...

• Toast, yet they feel that they can charge over three dollars for it and just give six slices.

No thank you.

When I added my own variety of shredded cheeses to the dollar sixty-four garlic Texas Toast from ALDI, I get something that is truly cheesy and good.

I add the cheese midway through cooking, and the cheeses melt right into the Texas Toast

and form a thick layer on the top.

I add plenty of cheese and I can taste the cheese as well as enjoy it.

That’s not really the case with this brand of Texas Toast or any other brand either.

For that reason, this Texas Toast only gets a “2″ rating from me.

High in price, but low in flavor is not a good combination!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711051088830131/k2311a0511/5.11.10