Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast Mozzarella & Monterey Jack Cheese
  • The Monterey Jack cheese does cost me extra, but I find other uses for the cheese besides the Texas Toast, so it's not money going to waste and in fact, I figure I'm actually getting more for my money this way
  • I bought this Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast once, along with the other varieties, when they were on sale, once, and I enjoyed them thoroughly, and that's why this Texas Toast gets a 7 from me, but I the high price of the product is what keeps me from rating it any higher

• by CirclingCanvas

I must thank Pepperidge Farm for giving me the idea to add mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese to my Mama Cozzi Texas Toast every now and then, because it’s really deliciously cheesy and it’s Texas Toast with a little bite thanks to the Monterey Jack cheese topping. I add my own cheeses to a cheaper, yet pretty much identically good, brand of Texas Toast as opposed to purchasing this brand of Texas Toast again.

I mean,

sure, this Texas Toast was real good with the tasty blend of two cheeses on top of crispy garlic bread, but the price and number of slices of Texas Toast is what turned my stomach.

Six slices come in a box and the price is over three dollars a box no matter where I look.

That’s too much money to spend on Texas Toast, especially when I can essentially recreate the same thing for less at home.

...

• Now it’s not quite the same, but it’s almost as good, and I only spend a dollar sixty-four on eight slices of Texas Toast.

I always have mozzarella cheese around the house, so that’s no added expense.

The Monterey Jack cheese does cost me extra, but I find other uses for the cheese besides the Texas Toast, so it’s not money going to waste and in fact, I figure I’m actually getting more for my money

this way.

I bought this Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast once, along with the other varieties, when they were on sale, once, and I enjoyed them thoroughly, and that’s why this Texas Toast gets a “7″ from me, but I the high price of the product is what keeps me from rating it any higher.

The actual Texas Toast from Pepperidge Farm tastes no different really to me when compared to the other brands, so that’s why I feel it’s overpriced.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711051088810131/k2311a0511/5.11.10