Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast Garlic
  • I bought all four varieties because I also had a coupon which allowed me to save a dollar on two, and I was at Kroger where they double and triple coupons, so I saved quite a bit and I love Texas Toast, so I figured this was a great opportunity to finally give this brand a try

• by CirclingCanvas

I don’t see what’s so special about the Texas Toast from Pepperidge Farm. I never purchased the Texas Toast made by this company because it’s over three dollars a box until one day it was on sale for two dollars a box.

I saved quite a bit and I love Texas Toast, so I figured this was a great opportunity to finally give this brand a try.

Sadly, I was not impressed.

The garlic Texas Toast is good, no question about it.

It has a strong garlic flavor, it comes out of the oven crunchy and it’s just all around tasty.

However, it’s no better than the New York Style brand, which is almost a dollar cheaper,

• or the Mama Cozzi brand sold at ALDI, which is only a dollar sixty-four a box.

Eight slices come in the Pepperidge Farm garlic Texas Toast, just like the other brands I mentioned.

So really, all the extra money I’d be paying at regular price is for the name, and not for a better quality product.

Again, I enjoyed this Texas Toast.

It was great with pizza and pasta meals.

It was easy to

prepare, it came out smelling great and it tasted great, but once more, it was no better really than any of the brands I mentioned, and it’s more money, so I have no reason at all to purchase this flavor of Texas Toast from Pepperidge Farm or any other flavor from the company again.

I’m giving this product a “7″ rating because of the high price, but there’s nothing actually wrong with the Texas Toast itself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711051088770131/k2311a0511/5.11.10