Texas Roadhouse in Lansing MI
280 E Edgewood Blvd, Lansing, Michigan 48911
  • Upon walking in, I noticed a patina of peanut dust covering the floor, so those of you with allergies may wish to avoid this place

• by SSingletary

I ate here last night, just before going to wait in line for the Iron Man 2 premiere. Upon walking in, I noticed a patina of peanut dust covering the floor, so those of you with allergies may wish to avoid this place.

The smoke was typical of what you would expect at a country roadhouse, with it being nearly tangible near the bar, and in a thin

cloud above the rest of the place.

The decor is country to the extreme, complete with cacti, neon signs, and a full length wall mural of Country star Willie Nelson.

My walk-in table for two took over half an hour to finally place us at a non-smoking table and a further 15 minutes to get us drinks, a point which my date brought up numerous times.

I will ...

• concede however that the staff was friendly and reasonably prompt, if a little busy.

I ordered the 12oz.

steak, well done, with garlic mashed potatoes and a Caesar side salad.

The food came out in line with my expectations for a couple steaks, and the salad was crisp, if a little dressing-heavy.

The steak was cooked exactly to order, and was juicy enough to satisfy my tastes, although

my partner did elect to use their signature steak sauce.

The potatoes tasted average, but were far from the masterpiece their menu suggests.

The complimentary rolls and cinnamon butter were a highlight, producing a delightful salty-sweet mix that went well with the main entree.

Overall, a good meal, even if a little hokey.

If you’re in a hurry, they do have a call ahead system that should reduce your wait.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 711051088680131/k2311a0511/5.11.10