Lagos International Airport  » Airlines  »
1.0
  • I must say that I have never yet had a good experience, and in my opinion, this is an airport to be used only when necessary
  • The amazing part was that it was as if it was an invisible thief

• by npz

Lagos International Airport would not be my first choice of airport to travel to or from. I must say that I have never yet had a good experience, and in my opinion, this is an airport to be used only when necessary. As the main international airport for the area, it is, as you would expect incredibly busy. However, most international airports have a hustle and bustle with a degree of organization and order. Notwithstanding the apparent chaos, there is an underlying order.

Lagos International Airport seems to me to have the chaos but not the order. The hustle and bustle takes on a slightly menacing feel to all but those who are regular visitors

to the airport or who work there. For a casual visitor, it feels as if reality is suspended, and that there is mayhem everywhere.

On visits that I have made, the air conditioning has either not been working or at the very least does not seem to be working effectively. The result of this is that wherever you are in the airport, there is a hot and humid feeling with very little relent. This means that you feel as if you are walking through a warm moist air everywhere, and this adds to the feeling of having difficulty reaching your destination. I would love to see improved services here, and better air conditioning.

One of the biggest ...

• problems I encountered in this airport was theft. Whether this was an isolated incident or not, my experience was as follows. Having arrived in Lagos on an international flight and collected all of our luggage, we proceeded through the airport to the arrivals area. We stopped ever so briefly at an information desk, and during the course of our conversation, was asked for a document. In order to procure this document, I needed to put down one of the two bags I was holding in order to free up one hand to find the document. That was it. In the split second the bag touched the floor between me and the counter, it
        was gone. The amazing part was that it was as if it was an invisible thief. Sure, the airport was really busy, and there were huge numbers of people moving around, but a fraction of a second was all it took for someone to swipe the bag and completely disappear out of sight.

So my advice is if you travel through Lagos Airport, keep really hydrated in order not to succumb to the intense heat and humidity. Secondly, make sure you never let go of any of your bags, and keep all of your possessions very secure on your person. I would not have items in pockets or bags slung over a shoulder just in case.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4010051088390931/k2311a0510/5.10.10